Zane is and always has been a puzzle fanatic. This is probably inherited from his Grandpa (my Dad) who has always had a love of jigsaw puzzles. I believe Zane started working puzzles around 18 months or so. Here is a pic of him on our first trip to Lake Murray. He was a year and 7 months and I remember him working a handful of puzzles over and over and getting a round of applause from his audience each time he did. Eventually I think it was all about the applause for him.

This next pic is from February, 2006. That makes him 2 years, 4 months old. He was working a huge train puzzle at his Papa and Mema's house. They passed it on to him and he's worked it several times since then. Pay no attention to the bad haircut...live and learn.

Nowadays Zane can't be bothered to work puzzles the traditional way, you know, right side up. He works them upside down. That's right, no picture. Nothing like a little challenge.

Maybe one of these days Grandpa will dig out the biggest jigsaw puzzle I can remember being a part of. It took up the entire dining room table. I'm sure Zane would be amazed to see it. Not sure how much help he would be at this age, but it would maybe keep him busy for a little while. Here are my sister and I sitting on the puzzle after it was completed back in '78 or '79. I'm on the left (as if you can't tell).


4 comments:
I love baby pictures. Especially of people I have only known as adults. So....puzzles for Zane from Santa at Christmas. Got it! :)
I remember Zane doing a lot of puzzles. I don't have the patience for it! Cute pic of you and you sister. Look at all that hair!
What a brainiac! I love the baby pics too, in fact, you should do more of that!
Brady loves puzzles too. He certainly didn't get that from me. I'd rather be shot than have to sit still long enough to complete a puzzle. My dad always loved puzzles too....must be a maternal grandfather trait, eh?
Post a Comment