

The chair in the photos above was something I spied last week on my route home from Zane's school. It was waiting on someone's curb for the trash pick-up. Abe happened to be going to Cove that day and was kind enough to go snatch it up for me. I'm so excited that it worked well in these photos (and hopefully future ones) and that it was FREE! When we lived in Europe, my parents would go "junking" and find similar treasures. Now I know how exciting it feels.

Funny little story...Between this stump and rock wall is a creek, Clear Creek in fact. We went for a drive yesterday in pursuit of this quiet little spot after someone at work told Abe about it (actually a couple months ago now). We found a little path down to the creek, so I got out of the car and took a little walk to see it up close. Then Brody and I drove around a little more while Abe and Zane walked down to the creek. Before I even got back to the path I could hear Zane crying. I thought he had probably slipped and scraped his knee. Well he slipped alright but he also fell into the creek! He fell off a little spillway while throwing a rock in the water and landed chest high in what I'm sure was very cold water. So we stripped him down to his birthday suit and headed for home, which was fortunately only a couple miles away. Have you ever seen a naked child strapped into a car seat? It's a funny sight. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of that.

6 comments:
nice score on the chair! you should cover it with red fabric. Awesome pics...you must share the location...gah stop hogging.
Excellent pics! When will you take some more of my girls?!
I bet it wasn't very comfortable for Zane in his carseat that day!
Is that Jaycee? Wonderful pics!!! You will be going Pro soon....I smell it. J~
Poor Zane! More great pics, show off!
Oooo, I love all of these pictures! Mu gosh, you are so talented...we need to talk ;)
'Junking' was an activity in Europe. Lot's of Americans did it. The Germans would throw out great stuff. Can you believe we brought some of it back to TX and sold it at garage sales!
Post a Comment