I wanted to share a few things that have been going on with Zane on the school front. Because it's quick and easy I'm going to use bullets to get the job done.
A few weeks ago when I picked Zane up after school, his teacher let me know that they had discussed panda bears in class that day. Ms. Bravo asked the class "does anyone know where panda bears come from" and Zane said China. One of Zane's classmates said "
Zane's a genius!" Of course I tend to agree. But I could also tell Ms. Bravo was impressed because she mentioned more than once that she hadn't even said yet where panda bears come from. We can probably thank the
Wonder Pets for that little piece of knowledge.
Last Friday Zane received a "Citizenship Award". We had very little notice about the ceremony because we were told only the day before. But Abe, Brody and I were all able to make it to Zane's school during lunch to witness him receiving it. It was certainly NOT the production I had imagined it would be. There were no flowers, no speeches, no bowing down and worshipping the ground Zane walks on...okay maybe I'm getting carried away. And if that wasn't enough to burst my bubble, everyone in Zane's class will get this award before the year is through. Turns out he was just being prepped for future award ceremonies. I did snap a couple pics. As you can see the "award" won't do Zane much good (free kid's meal) but I guess it's the thought that counts.

Speaking of awards. Our family was given one from Ms. Bravo a few weeks ago. Have I mentioned lately how much I love her? I felt like I was right back in 2nd grade with Mrs. Martin. You may find it hard to believe (yeah, right) but I was teacher's pet all during grade school. So I just ate up my, oops, I mean our award from Ms. Bravo. It is proudly displayed on our "hall of fame".


Last Wednesday, Abe and I met with Ms. Bravo for a parent/teacher conference (our request). We asked that Zane attend school there again next year and that he have her for a teacher. She saw no problem with that and said it could be arranged. She said he isn't overly dependent on her so she has no problem having him again. I guess sometimes kids get too attached to their teacher in which case it's better for them to have somebody new. She also said if she had a class filled with 100 Zanes it would make her very happy. Ahh, I love her.
And lastly, Zane LOVES Andrea Bocelli. Yes, that's right, the famous Italian operatic pop tenor. Ms. Bravo mentioned it a couple months ago that she played one of his CD's in the classroom and Zane was really into it. That was his first exposure to Bocelli because we don't have any of his stuff at home. So Ms. Bravo has let Zane borrow a CD of his and he especially loves the first song, Melodramma. He always wants to look at the pictures in the lyrics booklet, too. He'll tell you all about how Andrea Bocelli is blind and that he was born that way. He can even do a good imitation of Bocelli's picture on the album cover pictured below. It's pretty funny. If you get the chance you should ask Zane about Andrea Bocelli.
6 comments:
Wow! Good stuff! Claire has a similar "award" in kinder -- "Student of the Week". Love your art wall. We have something similar, buy your wall is neater!
I think you missed the point about bullets...
Wonder pets is great, I love that show!
Way to go Zane on the award!
Way to go Jaquot family on the award, and I would have never guessed you were a teachers pet?!
And I have nothing to say about Zane's choice in music...you should introduce him to the Ramones and Social Distortion and stuff...just to get him on the right track! just kidding...kind of.
Oh my gosh, I think I am starting to love Ms. Bravo too! LOL!
You know what is funny?...Luke's favorite song--since he was 1, in fact--is "Time to Say Goodbye" by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli. My dad even banned the song from our house at one point because we played it so much. It's still a good one though.
Congratulations Zane! You are awesome dude! Looking forward to hearing about more awards...
Aren't y'all just the teacher's pets!
The Jacquots and Ms. Bravo sitting in a tree.....
Just kidding, of course, kind of. :)
Congratulations to all of the Jacquots.
Interesting choice on Andrea Bocelli. You know what they say on kids and classical music...something about a very high intelligence. Hmmmmmm J~
Yes, Zane, panda bears come from China. Doesn't everything come from China?!!!
Post a Comment