May 7, 2008

Sometimes you gotta....





stop and smell the wildflowers.



Brody and I were headed home this morning from taking Zane to school when I drove past this field, the same field I pass at least twice a day, when I paid extra attention to the spread of flowers blooming across it. I also thought, "wow, this lighting would be perfect for photos right now". As I drove past I remembered I had my camera with me. I don't normally travel around town with the camera in tow but I had met a couple ladies for breakfast at McDonald's for a quick "how to use your camera" session. So I took the next possible turn and turned around to have a little impromptu shoot with Brody.



Who cares if I might get a nail in my tire (this field is soon to be apartments)? Who cares if Brody has a messy diaper that needs changing? Who cares if I go home and suffer an allergy attack (and I did)?



It was a moment I just couldn't pass up. All the conditions were perfect. I hope your hump day is going as splendidly as ours.

4 comments:

Jennifer Bowen said...

Hi, Beth! I got to your blog via Tracy's site. I actually "met" her through ILP and she told me you were a member, too. I was so happy to find other photogs in this area! I do love that shot of your son! We do sometimes forget to stop and smell the flowers, don't we? I know with everything so hectic in my life, I hardly ever have time to breathe! LOL I hope to "hear" from you and maybe you can teach me a thing or two about photography! Take care!

NesrstaFamily said...

beautiful.

Tracy Morris said...

Very cute! Let me know where that field is, I may ride over there tomorrow cause I don't have anything else to do...YAY!!!!!!! (ok, I have a ton of things to do) but I am craving some photography!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Brody is so cute! Have a good weekend! Happy Mother's Day! Hope to see you this summer! :)