Jun 24, 2008

Remember this little diddy from Billy Joel?





Zane's musical tastes are a bit odd, I must admit. There was the Andrea Bocelli phase. He's been able to hum the theme to Star Wars since the age of 3. He likes "Mommy's Little Monster" by Social Distortion. He can tell you all about Bob Marley and likes (and sings) a lot of his stuff including "Stir It Up", "Redemption Song", "Get Up, Stand Up" and "I Shot the Sheriff".



Well somehow, one day we stumbled upon "You May Be Right" by Billy Joel. It has always been a catchy little tune in my opinion. One that pops into my head rather easily and frequently. So now it has joined the list of requests Zane makes while listening to my Ipod in the car.



Now obviously in the video clip you can see Zane and hear him singing. If you are wondering who the off-camera, way out of tune female vocalist is, I have to tell you it's the strangest thing. My neighbor, whom I hardly know, stopped by and specifically asked if she could sing along with Zane. I said "sure, but I have to warn you, it will most likely end up on my blog". She said she didn't mind, although with pipes like hers, she ought to have.



Hey, believe what you want. You never see my face on that tape. I can deny everything!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

That's great! Somehow your neighbor sounds oddly familiar. Can I request some Marley. My favorite is "Three Little Birds", its kind of my anthem.

jessicatodd said...

I agree that voice sounds oddly familiar....hmmmm! LOL
Zane is so cute!

Rinny said...

I think your neighbor held her own quite nicely. Now...Brody was a bit off the beat, but I guess that's okay since his older musical prodigy brother picked it up. :)

Lora said...

That was my brother's favorite song when he was Zane's age too! More than twenty years later, it still holds strong with the kindie set!

We Four Explorers said...

Too cute. Your "neighbor" sounds very much like you. hmmmmmmm

troglodytis said...

the judge seems to like it, and so do i.




FYI world: a few weeks ago brody was bestowed the nickname of judge, or the judge.

just sayn

Jenn Kruse said...

Your "neighbor" you say, hmmmmm..... I really enjoyed Brody's part, very entertaining!!!!

NesrstaFamily said...

I love his taste in music. Rock on Zane...

Planet Dixon said...

That made me laugh, funny girl, and I needed a laugh today. I'm at work, so I haven't listened yet, but I'll be sure to listen to your "neighbor" and Zane later. :)