Last Friday Zane went to see Dr. Crisp for a follow-up appointment. Unfortunately his weight and height were the same as his last appointment. I was expecting at least his height to increase because he seemed taller to me. Hopefully the change in his diet coming in August, which includes a slight increase in calories, will help with his growth rate. The doctor suggested Zane have another EEG in September after changing his diet ratio. Abe and I requested one sooner, actually before the change in his diet since we just got him off the Keppra. That way if there is anything going on we can pinpoint whether the diet needs to be adjusted or if he needs to go back on the Keppra. The doctor agreed, so Zane goes in for a 4 hour EEG on the 26th of this month. Other than that the doctor says Zane is doing remarkebly well with the diet. He doesn't predict any problems in the future, specifically when Zane comes off the diet. He said usually if there are any problems they occur within the first few months off the diet. Zane will go in for his next follow-up in September.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

2 comments:
He looks so tall to me!!! I hope it all goes well, what a trooper he is.
Beth, do not worry about his height and weight. I did with Nathan too as I watched his friends he had grown up with getting taller and him not. Well, a year 1/2 off the diet, he's passing those friends up again in height. He hasn't gained any weight in a year, but he's like his daddy in that respect, high metabolism :)
Jana Barret, Mom to Nathan -- Keto free since December 2006! Seizure free since February 2004!
Post a Comment