For those of you that don't know, Abe left early Sunday morning for his 15 month tour in Iraq. I heard from him already today and he made it safely to Kuwait. I'm doing my best to keep it together in front of the boys but it isn't easy.
As Zane and I crawled into bed together for nap time just a few minutes ago, I started crying and told him "I'm sad because I miss Daddy." He reached out, touched my face and said without skipping a beat, "cheer up, Mommy, I will be your man." How did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful, loving child? It's moments like these that make my life worth living.
Both boys are asleep now. We have plans this evening which will get us through day 2. I will continue to take it day by day and hopefully before I know it, day 455 will be here.

10 comments:
That made me tear up a bit. Zane is such the sensitive super hero. We will do what we can to knock out some of those days too!
I hear ya sister. Luke tells me, "Mommy, I will take care of you." Gosh, I am just crying thinking about it. You are a strong woman and we will all get through this together.
Consider me a friend who is crying with you.
Sorry to hear Abe had to go again. And on father's day no less. The Army sure is considerate huh. That was too sweet what Zane said. Dave's leaving for the rest of the summer too, we should get together sometime and let the kids all play. We love going to the spray park in Belton, let me know if you're interested. Take care Beth, I'll be thinking of you guys.
Zane is such a sweetheart! Good luck...to all of us, 455 days sounds sooooooooo long. I don't even really want to think about it :(
zane is a sensitive super hero! Rinny hit it right on the head. Beth, I am right here with you as close as we can be. I know its no substitute for a husband and partner, but tell me how I can help.
I love you -
Chris
Big hugs Beth! It's a long road. And if it weren't for wives like us to support our guys, where would our country be??? 450+ days of hell, here we come!!!
I wrote a post about Abe today. I think about both of you every day and am counting down with you. I love you.
Oh my gosh. That made me cry. I didn't know Abe was already leaving. I am so sorry. Thank Goodness for your angel boys. :)
Hang in there. You are a wonderful mom and you and Abe have raised wonderful caring boys. I know that you will all do fine and take comfort in each other. Call me anytime! Love you guys.
Post a Comment