Sep 17, 2008

Bad News

Unfortunately there has been a Chinook crash in Southern Iraq. As of right now, 7 U.S. soldiers are reported dead. I just got a call from Abe letting me know he is alright and that this Chinook did NOT belong to his company. We wanted to give you all a heads up since it is making its' way to the headlines.

4 comments:

Rinny said...

Very glad to hear. Sorry for the families. All our love to you, Abe, and the boys.

Debra said...

Beth I got so sick when i heard it on CNN about 11 last night...and immediately texted Christie G. to find out if our guys were ok. James called me last night and was acting a little funny and I kept asking him if everyhing thing was ok and he just said him and everyone in the co were ok...that was b4 I heard about the crash. I feel so bad for the families...

Anonymous said...

I just now saw it on the internet.I freaked. Still can't watch the news. So thankful Abe's alright.I'm glad you put on your blog he's ok I'm So So sorry for someones husband,son, brother,uncle. etc.

Beth2
(Thad's Mom)

We Four Explorers said...

I freaked when I saw the news on IGoogle this morning. I knew it wasn't Phillip because I talked to him last night, but I was afraid for my friends (especially since someone told me that her husband was due to be on that route soon)...anyway, I talked to Phil again this morning and he and his roommate had no idea what happened but knew it wasn't any of our guys.
Still, it hits home. J~