This morning I decided to run Zane to school wearing the same clothes I had slept in and I didn't take the time to change Brody out of his pj's either. I figured since we had nowhere to be today and would just be coming home after dropping him off it wouldn't matter, right? Wrong.
I had just strapped the boys in their seats and headed for my door when I spied a flat tire. UGH! My mind scrambled for just a moment as I thought of what to do next. I glanced at Abe's truck, nope, that does us no good. It's been years since I've changed a tire but I told myself "I can do this". I looked around quickly for Abe's hydraulic jack but it was nowhere to be found. Someone borrowed it shortly before deploying and I believe it is now sitting in that guys' storage unit. It sure would have come in handy, but oh well.
I dug out the donut spare and tools for the job, from my trunk. 40 minutes later I had the donut on, flat tire in the trunk, clothed myself in something suitable for public, grabbed drinks for our wait and we were rolling out of the driveway bound for Discount Tire. I realize I'm gonna have to work on my time, 40 minutes is pretty unacceptable.
And what were the little ones doing that whole time? They were sitting in their carseats. Thank goodness for Zane's newfound interest in his Leapster. As for Brody, I just had to keep handing him toys to play with.
Now being the Pollyanna that I am by always looking on the bright side, here's why I'm thankful:
- we didn't have a blowout on the road
- I remembered to loosen the lugnuts before jacking the car up
- I had only gotten around the corner when I remembered that I left the stroller in the garage and would desperately need it once we got to Discount Tire
- aside from getting Zane to school we didn't have anything going on this morning or anywhere we had to be
- we had purchased warranties on the tires from Discount Tire so the new tire was free
- I kept all the foul language under my breath or in my head as I changed the tire....I don't need any letters sent home from the teacher
- I remembered to take the flat tire with us to Discount Tire (that would have been embarrassing had I forgotten it)

4 comments:
Way to go Beth!!! You rock!
Im sure Abe is proud!!! Such a handy lady:)
Im sure Abe is proud!!! Such a handy lady:)
I am always so amazed by you!!! Is there anything you can't do????
~Jaime
Post a Comment