Sep 8, 2008

Freestyle Friday



Alright, real quick....I wanted to share the outfit Zane wore (picked out) on Friday. I know what you're thinking "it looks fine, why is she buggin'?" Several days later I have convinced myself that it's okay. He could have done a LOT worse.



There's just something about the baby blue top next to the turquoise in the shorts that drove me crazy but I was good about keeping that on the inside. I didn't say anything about it to Zane. I actually stopped by Walmart after school that day and didn't even think about his clothes one time. Maybe that's because I insisted he cover himself with a blanket, just kidding. I do have to confess though, I told Ms. Bravo (his teacher) what was up with Fridays. I explained how difficult it was going to be for me and she said "well it will be good practice for both of you". Indeed!

7 comments:

Rinny said...

The kid did a good job. And I enjoyed your use of the word "buggin'". Very nice.

jessicatodd said...

He did do a good job! He is such a cutie!

NesrstaFamily said...

This lack of control is frustrating huh? I know what you mean, I know what you mean...still one cute kiddo though!

Lora said...

One of the reasons I love you so much is you know that baby blue and turquoise don't match.

Zane did an incredible job, he can't be expected to know that blue can't go with blue. (Ha!)

A few years ago one of my clients told me that she has a giant problem with her kids picking out non-matching clothing, so she only buys jeans and khaki's and never any khaki's that are black or navy because the potential to clash is WAY too high. I live by that. Jake has a few pairs of plaid shorts that he has polo shirts that match, but when he gets to pick (which is rare, but sometimes I like to make him think he is capable of choosing something for himself) the plaid gets hidden. I'm such a jerk. But, a jerk who has a well coordinated child.

I commend you on doing this! I don't know if I'll be so strong when the time comes.

Always thinking of you guys. Love to you down there and to Abe over there.

troglodytis said...

next time i'm over, i think i'll suggest a couple of outfits for zaners.

:)

Jenn Kruse said...

GEEZ MOM!!!! Chill out! Ha ha ha, I'd totally do the samt thing!

Christie Groth said...

I am sort of a stickler about things matching too. It is wonderful that you are letting him use that creativity and control even if it's only on Fridays. lol I absolutely think it's good for children to be "individuals"...even if I don't let mine be! hahahahahahahahahahahaha Maybe I'll take my cue from you. ;-)