Oct 8, 2008

Mama got a brand new bag...

and she is tickled pink (or brown, or black or grey). I know it's an odd thing to blog about, but it was not easy obtaining this jewel and it's been ages since I had a purse (not diaper bag) to call my very own.

It all began back in July when my sister and I visited a little shop in Fort Atkinson, WI. It was a crazy cool store right in the middle of Ruraltown, USA. The only problem was everything was priced high, very high. I saw three purses from this designer and just knew I had to have one. But I wasn't too keen on the price (over $200). So I looked at the tag, found their website and contacted the designer to see if I could order directly from her. She said absolutely and it would only be $150 (still a pretty penny, I know). I begged Abe to give me his blessing and came up with the term "deployment gift" to make it easier to convince us both that it was necessary to spend the money on it. Hey, it works in my mind, leave me alone!

So Missy (the designer) and I spoke by phone to discuss what I liked since she has so many different styles. She thought she had one I would like and sent it out (to TX actually since I wouldn't be in WI much longer at that point). By now it's early August and I opened the package and was not the least bit happy with the bag. I was devastated. There were several things I didn't like about it, but I won't bother with that now. I decided it wouldn't hurt to ask for an exchange and was pleased when Missy said "no problem". Unfortunately she would be out of the country until September! I sent back the first one and waited to hear from her. By mid-September I hear from Missy to say she's back and hasn't forgotten about me. I let a couple weeks go by and now I think "she has forgotten about me". I emailed her and she got right back to me and said "I have one I know you will love and it's in the mail today". I was a little nervous until I received the package on Monday.

I LOVE it! How can a person love a purse so much? I don't know, I've always loved purses but have kind of closeted that obsession in recent years. I have never spent that much on a purse before either, but I think it's okay once in a blue moon. I plan to use this one until it falls apart on me.

6 comments:

Lora said...

I absolutely love it! I'm a sucker for anything tweed. Also, it isn't so expensive if you think that when you use it every day for a year it breaks down to something like 75cents per day. And I'm sure it will be around longer than a year

troglodytis said...

fabulous!!!

i think if i ever see you with that bag, you'll need to kick my ass. cause it's an ass kicking purse!

Margaret said...

The picture doesn't give it justice. So, my little friend has purse fettish...I had no idea...hee hee.

Chief Family Officer said...

I like this one MUCH better than the other. I'm glad that you opted to exchange it. You gotta be happy when you spend $150!

Jenn Kruse said...

The purse is wicked cool! I totally dig it and there's nothing wrong with blogging about a purse, it's part of your life....maybe later you can blog about me stealing it!

Debra said...

Its such a Beth purse:) That bag is kick ass just like the person that is going to be carrying it!