Oct 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Party



I have to say Zane's 5th birthday party yesterday was a lot of fun. We went to Sweet Berry Farm and had a lot of our good friends there to celebrate with us. I think they were all there for the first time and were impressed with the pumpkin patch. Right, ladies? We are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives. I'm very grateful to those that made the trek out there and for ALL the help I received while we were there. I have to give an extra special thanks to Naomi for chasing Brody around most of the day. I know she had to be worn out by the time we left.

Zane had fun and got lots of cool gifts. Abe and I bought him a Wii for his birthday which he opened at the farm but I think even that paled in comparison to how excited he was about his new Fire Hovercraft Lego set from the Kruse's. Thanks guys. Luckily he IS interested in the Wii and has played quite a bit of it since I hooked it up last night.

We took a hayride and the kiddos got to paint their own pumpkins. We ate lunch there, had cake (thanks to Heather for that, I'll post a pic of it later), Austin gave wagon rides to the little ones, some got their face painted, a few of us bought pumpkins for carving later, picked flowers, took lots of pictures and just took in the beautiful fall scenery. We got an early start (sorry JD) to beat the heat and the crowds. And man, it was CROWDED by the time we left.

Now I have to dote on my selfless son for a second. Back when I first proposed that we have his party at the pumpkin patch he got a bit upset. He said "but there won't be a pinata so my friends can have candy". I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise anymore to me that he is so accepting of his diet but I still get choked up when he says things like that. I asked him if we could have a cake there for his friends even if he couldn't have any and he said "sure". I let him decide what kind of cake to have and he said "it should have pumpkins, orange writing, sprinkles and frosting". Hey, the boy knows what he wants. After he blew out his candles yesterday, he stuck his finger into one of the frosting pumpkins and as I rounded the table screaming "NO" in my head (thinking he was going to eat it) he extended his finger to his friend, Eli, sitting next to him and let him lick it off. Now aside from the fact that Zane's fingers were incredibly dirty at that point (poor Eli), it was such a grand gesture, I almost broke into tears right there. He makes me so damn proud!

He's hiding from his buddy Gabe, in this shot. Man what I would give to even think I could hide in a pumpkin patch. Ah, to be young....and small.

And here's one of Brody hammin' it up for the camera. I have LOTS more pics from the day. I'll let you know when they are available for viewing.

5 comments:

Rinny said...

The boys are definitely special and wonderful. I only hope we are as lucky with our boy/girl. It was a wonderful day. Happy birthday again to Zane.

Jenn Kruse said...

It was a really great time! Thanks again. You have given me an idea for future birthdays in the Kruse house hold!!!!

Margaret said...

Looks like so much fun. Sorry we had to miss it...sorry our day turned out lousy...hee hee.

Christie Groth said...

He really is one of the sweetest boys I have ever met...and I'm not just saying that because I like you.

Planet Dixon said...

That brought tears to my eyes. What a little angel boy sharing his candy and icing.