Nov 1, 2008

Boo!

I hope everyone had a spooktacular Halloween last night. We had a great time going door to door and then went to a party in Pflugerville. I was actually impressed by a few of our neighbors and all in all our neighborhood was more spirited than last year so maybe the fact that it was a Friday this year really helped. Zane made out like a rockstar. Not only did he gather the loot I had dispersed for him but one house gave him $3 to buy some extra "treats". He told them "Um, I don't really want any treats" thinking they were referring to candy but I told him they meant toys. And a lady at another house almost brought me to tears when she piled up about 5 additional non-edible goodies in his arms to include a fun looking pirate playset. I think the highlight of Zane's evening was meeting another family of 3 decked out in Star Wars garb to include the Dad as the Emperor from Star Wars (same as Zane). So from that point on, every house we went to Zane exclaimed "there's 2 Emperors, how lucky am I?"

Zane as the evil Emperor...




And Brody is wearing one of Zane's hand-me-down costumes...




He just rode along in his stroller and chewed on that banana most of the journey. He collected a few goodies of his own.

The party in P-ville was a lot of fun. The boys loaded up on some more trinkets and were in real good spirits. Zane was enjoying playing with the balls on the pool table and Brody just explored the new territory without causing too much havoc. Once we started playing Rock Band he was mesmerized. I think he wants to be a rockstar when he grows up. We didn't head home until 11pm. That is WAY past their bedtime so I'm glad we didn't have any tantrums to speak of. They were both asleep about 2 miles into the drive home.

We spoke to Abe a couple times throughout the evening. He had flown and was very tired but he did send me a picture of his costume...



I'll be adding a small Halloween album to Shutterfly today so be sure to check it out later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They looked AWESOME! Glad to hear that your neighborhood perked up. Miss you guys!

Dorie said...

Brody is too cute~ Glad I got to see him in costume! I love the picture of Zane, he is truly in character! Glad you made it last night!

Jenn Kruse said...

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!! He looked great, good job mom!!! B looks like he's laughing at his so-serious brother....hee hee hee~love it!!!

Tracy Morris said...

The boys looked great! It sounds like you had a fun and festive Halloween!

Planet Dixon said...

Adorable boys and I love that you take such great care to ensure Zane gets his own treats. That is awesome that people in the neighborhood were so good about it too. :)