Nov 2, 2008

Zane Goes to the Moon

This comes from an on-going discussion Zane and I have been having the last couple of nights. I had to do a little probing but he pretty much came up with it all on his own. Maybe he will turn it into a children's book when he grows up....

I want to meet the man on the moon. I'm not sure what he looks like but he has a green hat and a purple teddy bear and snores all night. He has the very important job of controlling whether it's day or night. I've thought a lot about how I can get to the moon to meet him. I can't fly a helicopter to the moon because I don't know how to fly a helicopter. Waiting to become an astronaut when I grow up would take too long. So I think I will get a rocket pack (available at Walmart) on my 6th birthday and shoot up to the moon. You wear it like a backpack and pull the switch. And if the rocket pack doesn't work for getting me home I will wait on the moon for Mommy to come and get me. She can get a rocket pack for her next birthday and fly up to the moon. I'll ride on her back all the way home. And for the record there is no rain or snow on the moon. The only bad things there are comets and boulders.

What I want to know is how much longer will we get to enjoy stories like these? I can remember right after Zane was born, I was sitting in the rocking chair just holding him and crying (thanks, hormones) because I didn't want him to grow up. It was only day 2 and I already didn't want him to change. Now I'm dreading the day he stops using his imagination or expressing it to his parents anyways. I guess you just have to cherish each day and enjoy it while it lasts.

4 comments:

Christie Groth said...

Kids growing up will make you want to give your eye teeth for a few nights to enjoy the beauty of childhood again. Like a real belly laugh.... Ahh....
Enjoy it!

Tracy Morris said...

Watching your kids grow up is so hard, and it goes by so fast. I feel your pain. But with any luck Zane will hold onto his great imagination.

jessicatodd said...

He does have a great imagination I love the story. I agree they grow up way to fast, but you just have to cherish those sweet, unforgetable moments!

Planet Dixon said...

I love that he's going to stay on the moon until your birthday when you will buy your own rocket pack to go rescue him. Too cute! :)