Nov 15, 2008

The Next Evil Knievel

Brody turned 19 months the other day. He seems to think he's much older though. He's even so bold as to pick on (read: hit and push) kids bigger than him. But according to the staff at the Child Development Center that doesn't happen while he's there. The lady I spoke to said "he's the smallest one in the room". I said "well he hits his big brother all the time". I wonder why he does it everywhere but there? I'm at my wit's end so if you have any advice please speak up!

And in other Brody news, he climbed out of his crib the other morning for the first time. If he got hurt in the process he got over it quickly. By the time I made it to his bedroom door he was already on the other side trying to turn the doorknob. Which is something else he mastered a few weeks ago. As for the crib, it just seems too early to put him in a toddler bed. He hasn't climbed out again since the first time but I'm sure he will if given enough time in there to do so. That same day I caught him on the bathroom counter with no evidence of how he got up there.

The child is fearless. Way more so than Zane was at this age and I remember thinking Zane was pretty adventurous. The boys play on the playground at Zane's school everyday. There isn't anything out there Brody won't do or at least attempt to do before I come running and return him to safety. Today he decided, without even seeing someone else do it first, to go down a slide on his back, head first. And it didn't even phase him. He's crazy-dare-devil-boy.

He may be rough and tough and quickly earning the title of "bully", but I love him just the same. He can be so sweet and cuddly when he wants to be. I just need to figure out a way to bring out that side of him more often.

Here's a pic of him from earlier this month...

7 comments:

Lora said...

It is pretty normal for little kids to hit the big brothers but not anyone else. It means you are doing a good job teaching him that it's wrong and Zane is probably doing a good job teaching him what happens when you hit other people when your back is turned!

I put Jake in a toddler bed round about 19 or 20 months. He fell out the first night, slid half off the second, and never had a problem after that. I slept better too knowing that a ten inch fall does less damage than a 40 inch fall!

Jenn Kruse said...

If I ever see a little shirt with Evil Kenevil on it I'm ssooooo getting it for B! He is one fearless little guy, good thing he's so cute or I may have smothered him long ago!

I'm curious to see his personality evolve....he might just be the life of the party!

Margaret said...

Gosh, it sounds like we are going through some of the same stuff. Clark doesn't hit, but he is fearless. The stuff I find him doing just shocks and scares me sometimes.

By the way, I love that picture of Brody...too cute.

Tracy Morris said...

Aw he is a bully. I love it. hahaha. Great pic!

Andrea said...

I swear you could be describing Diego. He does ALL of the above. We should get them together to play. I want to have all of my friends meet up one morning at Wazoo, I'm thinking next Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.

NesrstaFamily said...

Reminds me of Grace. She hits Luke all the time. It's true what your friend Lora said...I often catch Luke egging her on as soon as I leave the room. He knows how to push her buttons and Grace just whacks him all the time now. But, she doesn't hit anyone else.

I just bought a plaque for my wall and it says, "Dear Santa, leave the presents and take my brother." I thought it was perfect for Grace.

troglodytis said...

he's not a bully.
he's the JUDGE!

sometimes the judge must rule. and not always in your favor.



apparently the word of the day is 'tuakers'