months, that is.

The biggest news we have since my last "milestone" post about Brody is that he is now sleeping in a toddler bed. Yup, I removed the side rail from his crib. It wasn't doing it's job of keeping him in the crib so I figured it was time. He slept in a crib at Aunt Correne's house over Christmas and the climbing really seemed to take off even though he had done it a couple times before that, at home. Once we got back from that trip he continued to climb out of his crib, so now I've made it safer for him to do so.
Here's how he fell asleep the first time in his "new" bed. It was naptime. It was also his first time to sleep with a pillow, cut him some slack.

And this is how he fell asleep two nights later.

I've seen all sorts of positions since then. I even checked on him once in the middle of the night and almost didn't find him. He was just about completely under the bed. But it all seems like pretty normal stuff when compared to Zane at that stage although he was 2 months older when he made the transition.
Speaking of transitions. I'm in the middle of re-organzing the boys' closets. Coming up one day soon the boys will be sleeping in the same room together and all their toys will be in the other bedroom. So as of right now I've moved all of Zane's clothes into Brody's closet and Zane's closet will be strictly for toys. It's a big chore, but I love this sort of thing. I seriously could organize people's homes for a living and enjoy every minute of it. But I digress.
In other Brody news, he is talking up a storm. It feels like he is using a new word everyday. And he understands more and more everyday too. Thanks to Aunt Gwen, Brody can now say "I love you" but for some reason he uses 4 syllables to say it. He even said it to me the other night without me saying it first. How sweet is that?!?!?! I'll have to try to catch it with the video camera one day.
He is getting better with puzzles and we are working on colors. Unfortunately, my luck ran out at the CDC (hourly care on post). Last week Brody bit a child and broke the skin. They were fighting over a toy. And the very next day, he got in an argument on the playground (also at the CDC) and grabbed the child by the cheeks and drew blood. Ouch! I keep telling myself that Zane went through this phase and eventually the bully tendencies wore off. I can only hope the same will be true for Brody. As for the CDC, he hasn't been kicked out yet. They assured me that it is age-appropriate behavior, but it sure doesn't help me feel much better about the situation.
That's about all I can think of right now. I'll try to get more pics and clips of Brody up soon.
He is getting better with puzzles and we are working on colors. Unfortunately, my luck ran out at the CDC (hourly care on post). Last week Brody bit a child and broke the skin. They were fighting over a toy. And the very next day, he got in an argument on the playground (also at the CDC) and grabbed the child by the cheeks and drew blood. Ouch! I keep telling myself that Zane went through this phase and eventually the bully tendencies wore off. I can only hope the same will be true for Brody. As for the CDC, he hasn't been kicked out yet. They assured me that it is age-appropriate behavior, but it sure doesn't help me feel much better about the situation.
That's about all I can think of right now. I'll try to get more pics and clips of Brody up soon.

8 comments:
'organizes people's homes' eh?
wanna come over?
Ohh I so could use your organizational skills!
Brody is such a cutie!
Isnt it crazy how fast they are growing up? Brody is soooo cute! he is very photogenic:) Oh yeah he is acting his age...Jaycee went through that too. It should pass soon. We are working on colors too, little J is correct about 50% of the time...lol.
He is getting so big! And he is just so cute. They grow up so fast...I was almost crying look at some old pics of the girls. I know I don't have to deal with it but I love his bullying ways!
I'm glad I could do my part... now what else can I teach Brody to say? HAHAHAHA! ;)
I still sleep like that!
(I had to delete my other comment because I screwed up the HTML tags)
:)
Hurray for your sweet boy...moving on up to a big boy bed! Where has time gone?
Have fun organizing! And you should submit your son's photo to the I ♥ Faces contest. He is adorable!
Post a Comment