Jan 25, 2009

A Clean Slate

If you had walked into my living room at 1:30 this afternoon this is what you would have seen:



If you were to walk into my living room at this very moment this is what you would see:



The color I originally picked came out a little too pink for my tastes. Fortunately we still have nearly a gallon of touch-up paint so I used that to revert things back to the way they were. I will head back to the store tomorrow to select a color that I truly hope works well for the room.

Painting the same spots 3 times to get a favorable result is not exactly what I had in mind when I chose this project as a "good way to kill time". I guess figuring out I don't like the color 2.5 hours into the job is better than getting all the way done, only to be repulsed by it.

5 comments:

Rinny said...

Glad you didn't get all the way done and then hate it. Painting can be very cathartic. I have three more rooms to paint, and can't wait to get the chance to do it. Although I fear it will be next year. Can't wait to see the results!

Txsmurf said...

Well, you're definitely accomplishing your goal of killing time - maybe more time than you thought, but just think of it as "bonus" time killing.

Keystone said...

So you're going with the darker selection? I had a feeling that light color would be too bright in the end.

Can't wait to see the results =)

~Jeff

Andrea said...

I always seem to break out the painting supplies when Dave's away too. Last year I painted my entry too "peachy" ick. At least you're fixing yours right away. Mine is STILL peach.

NesrstaFamily said...

You amaze me with your talent. Thatta way to go! I also cannot wait to see the results.