I've got my little Zane home from school today. I woke him up just after 6:30 to get ready for school. He was a bit grumpy which is unusual for him being that he is a morning person just like his Mama. But sometimes that happens when I have to wake him up. So I didn't think much of it. Well within a few minutes he was complaining of an upset stomach. I had him try to use the bathroom to see if that helped. But he wasn't able to do anything. He managed to eat his breakfast but it took much longer than usual and he continued to complain about his stomach. I took his temperature but got mixed readings- 99.8 in one ear and 97.0 in the other. Mental note- replace the battery in the thermometer. On top of everything else he was very pale, and he is pale to begin with. But I've seen dead people with more color than he's got today.
I made the executive decision to keep him home from school today. I knew if I tried to take him one of two things would happen. A) he would vomit in the car on the way to school or B) I would get a call from the nurse to come pick him up. So now he is back in bed (with a bowl) resting. I predict he will be asleep in a few minutes. I'm crossing my fingers we don't have any vomit in the near future.
HA, so much for that. Just as I was going to hit "publish" I heard Zane calling. He had vomited but luckily he got it all in the bowl. As I was praising him for doing so well hitting the bowl (in a dark room no less), he said with astonishment "I've really got the hang of this".

8 comments:
lol he is too cute! i love what he said to you... poor little thing! I hope he feels beter soon and I'm crossing my fingers that not one else gets it too!!
Aw poor Zane. That stomach bug has hit our house a few times. Hopefully it's the same virus down there...it only lasts about 12 hours or so. I hope he feels better soon!
I am sorry that Zane is sick, but happy that he still has his fantastic optimism. What a sweetheart.
Poor little guy. Stomach Viruses are the worst! I hope he feels better soon.
There is not much that makes me prouder than when they make it in the bowl. We are very prone to those darn viruses and I've cleaned up enough puke for three lifetimes!
Hope he feels better soon! Love that he hit the bowl! :)
Poor guy, hope its just a 24 hour bug and he's back to usual tomorrow.
Poor little guy. Sorry to hear he is so sick...feel better soon, Zane. Also, a big congrats on hitting the bowl I've been vomitting for many more years and still can't hit a target.
Bless his heart! Please tell him that Nana loves him and wishes he felt better already. Cant wait to see y'all next month
Post a Comment