Over Easter weekend we had the great pleasure of visiting my brother's land near Whitewright, TX. It didn't take Zane long to try out Uncle Mark's fishing pole. And of course where Zane went, Brody went.
Have I ever mentioned that when it comes to Brody there's no such thing as "a safe distance"? Within two clicks of the shutter he was in the water.
Anyhow, Zane was just casting away like he had been doing it all his life. Seriously, he damn near hit the other side of the pond with one of his casts.
And after about 10 minutes of coming up empty he finally landed him one...

although he didn't know it until I told him...

and then he got real excited.

I'd say it was a solid 8 inches but of what variety? I have no idea. Maybe Uncle Mark can tell us.

For some reason Zane really wanted to cook it so he wasn't too happy when I told him we had to put it back in the water. I tried to soften the blow by saying he could catch it again after it gets bigger.

Nobody else was around so Grandma had to take the fish off the hook. I'm not sure if it's the first time she did something like that but it's the first time I had ever seen her do something like that. She handled it like a real pro.
Zane still gets excited talking about his first fish.




4 comments:
I bet my dad can't wait to take Zane fishing. He will be proud. Thanks for the photos Boogie.
I love you!!
Congrats on the fish, Zane!
Way to go, Zane! Too cute. :)
How fun. We love fishing. Took the kids two or three times with not even a nibble but they still loved the idea of it. Awesome to see Zane reel one in!
Post a Comment