Zane went to see Spiderman 3 with Abe. It was opening day. I stayed home with Brody. He was just 3 weeks young. They were due to return within roughly 30 minutes so I was working on getting ingredients measured in the bread machine for a homemade pizza. The phone rang. It was Abe. He started with "Zane's okay but". My heart started pounding. He filled me in on the details of what was the first of Zane's many seizures. We hung up. I think I held it together on the outside. On the inside I was a mess. I called my friend Tracy. She and her family came over to stay with Brody while I met Abe at the hospital. The instant I saw my little Zane in that hospital bed my world turned upside down.
As long as I live I will remember the details of May 4, 2007.
It seems only fitting that today, May 4, 2009, I will be making Zane's week supply of "ice creams" for the last time....if all goes well.
And I have to believe with every fiber in me, that it will.

8 comments:
It will go well, it has to. Zane is such a strong, amazing littl boy! I wish you and your family all the luck in the world with going off this diet!
I remember that day very well too. It's crazy that it has been two years. And look at what you have done to heal your son! Your amazing. And I too believe that Zane will be better then fine coming off of his diet.
It is a milestone day. Your family is amazing to me, and all that you have accomplished with the love, encouragement, and strength that you all have and give to one another. Congratulations to all Jacquots near and far.
You rock! Without all your hard work getting Zane all the care he has needed, I CAN imagine how his life would be today.
Give him a hug for me. :)
Your amazing Beth! Cheers to you!
congratulations for getting through this and being strong and raising a little boy who doesn't seem scared or angry about his magic foods and the little things that make such a big difference in his health!
I can so clearly remember reading that first post too, my jaw dropped and my heart just ached for you all. A reminder that life can throw some crazy curve balls and you never know what to expect. You have been so strong and determined to help Zane, he is such a lucky boy to have a mom like you. I hope all continues to go well and improve with the new changes to his diet.
what a craptastic day that was
and a fantastic day this is.
it has gone well
and will continue well
much owed to your fabulousness!
i believe with all my heart that you have saved zane's life. i'm continuously amazed at your spirit, tenacity, organization, and love.
if he'd had been my kid, he'd a been screwed. ;)
Post a Comment