Apr 13, 2009

My Baby is 2...

as of yesterday actually. Where does the time go?

Brody weighed in this morning at 26 pounds and is 34 inches tall. He got one shot and didn't even flinch. He is healthy and it was a brief and easy well baby visit. He doesn't have to go back for another year.

Brody is talking up a storm these days. It seems like he just picks up new words effortlessly. He even spits out a few complete sentences from time to time like "here you go, Mommy." He can usually correctly identify the colors blue, green, red, yellow, white and black...sometimes purple and orange. He can identify and say triangle, circle, square, heart, star and rectangle.

He is interested in numbers and can say a few of them but hasn't quite gotten any identification down yet EXCEPT for the number 8. I don't know what it is about that number but Brody absolutely LOVES it. I don't even know where he picked it up from but he started identifying it about a month ago. Ever since then he points and screams 8!....8! whenever he sees it. He'll point it out on clocks, license plates, hopscotch games and even "finds" it in the laces of his shoes. He is crazy about 8's.

I know to some he comes across as a rough and tumble little bruiser, always looking for something to climb or jump on. And all of that is true but he can also be so very sweet and calm and cuddly and content just being held for a few minutes. He is very friendly and often waves or says hello and goodbye to family, friends, strangers....trees, slides, candy, all sorts of things.

I think he has a lot of personality considering his age....and most of it is pleasant. But sometimes he loses his cool and screams (picture a deep and demonic voice) "mine" or "no". That happens pretty rarely though and honestly, it's hard not to laugh when he does it. I'm no expert but I think it's age appropriate behavior anyways. In fact, I'd say any kind of "acting out" on his part is age appropriate but I'm his mother so I'm totally biased.

He sleeps roughly 10 hours a night straight through, and naps for 2 hours (give or take 30 minutes) every day. I'm hoping to find the motivation I need to tackle potty training soon. He is willing to go on the toilet if prompted but I haven't been so good at making that happen. I do daydream about not having to buy diapers and wipes anymore though.

I love my little Brody-O and feel very lucky to have him in my life. Happy Birthday, little man.






11 comments:

Dorie said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!!!!

Rinny said...

Happy Birthday Brody! And Beth, you are right....both your little guys just radiate personality.....makes it easy to adore them.

The Galovics said...

I love bare foot pictures! It doesn't really matter the age, well except my age with my bare feet!

troglodytis said...

you forgot one of the most important brody factiods:

he has the best and most appropriate nickname.

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday, Brody! I love the picture...so sweet and innocent...how you have them fooled.

Stephanie said...

Great pic!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday to Brody! I love that pic of him! What a cutie! :)

Lora said...

happy birthday!!

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

cute pic! happy birthday!

Jana Barrett said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!! Travis turned 2 March 27th. Someday our lives are going to slow down and we will meet face to face. I hope everything is still going well with Zane. I guess he should be at the countdown now, right?

Jana, your cyber KetoMom from Normangee, TX

Planet Dixon said...

I hope that adorable little smarty pants had a FABULOUS birthday! :)