Today was the first official day OFF the Ketogenic Diet! No more calculating meals. No more weighing foods. No more mixing "ice creams". No more spoon feeding the "ice creams". No more rigid schedule. No more "you have to eat everything". No more "you can't have anything else". No more calcium pills. No more "poop medicine" (Miralax to combat constipation). No more melted butter. No more stunted growth. No more keto vomit (I can't even describe how bad it smells). No more all natural toothpaste. No more packing an ice chest just so we can leave town for a few days. No more splitting and crushing adult meds because the kiddie versions have too much carb. No more guilt about holidays that center around candy and treats.
Can you tell that after 21 months of the previous, I'm happy to be returning to a "normal" way of life around here? I'm certainly not complaining. The diet has been wonderful in so many ways. Most obviously and importantly and amazingly, it has made the seizures STOP! I will forever be indebted to the doctors, nurses, dietitians, scientists, parents, anyone at all that has somehow or in some way devoted their time and energy into making it a viable treatment option for someone like Zane. Not only has it cured my son, it has taught me a lot about myself and what this family is capable of. And by family, I mean you too! You all have been right there with us throughout this ordeal and we certainly couldn't have done it without your love and support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Here are a few clips taken this morning (I've strung them all together in one) to include one with Zane running the camera. As a twist of fate would have it, Zane was home from school today with allergy-related problems, so I got to spend every meal with him. I am so stinkin' proud of that kid. He is one tough little dude!


13 comments:
I couldn't be happier for y'all! What a great kiddo. What a great family!
Beth, Zane is one of the coolest kids ever. I am so happy for all of you. It was amazing!!!!
Kim B
"It's Amazing"!!! That is awesome! I am so happy for Zane and your entire family for this day to be here!
I, too, love the "It's AMAZING!" comment. Congrats to you guys - for working with the diet and graduating off the diet.
I am so overjoyed for you and Zane. You are both amazing for all you had to go through with this diet. Of all the awesome, hard-working mom's I know you're right up there at the top of the list.
I do not possess the words to adequately express my joy.
I love you Boogie. Thank you for every thing.
it is amazing.
and you're welcome, glad i could help. but we all know, YOU made it possible and made it work. thanks, again, for saving z's life.
BEST
MOM
EVAR!
sorry, other moms, the bar has been set pretty damn high.
p.s. love the judge trying to steal the first scene.
p.p.s. z's camera work shows off the new girls well!
ROCK! What a happy day. It is completely amazing and wonderful.
An orange juice toast to continued health! :)
Beth, you're the bomb. T's right, the bar is set pretty damn high.
Beth,
Way to go, Zane and Brody are both adorable, I love Zane's voice, you are a great mother!
Wow, We are so excited for Zane! You are such an amazing moma! I remember when you were brave enough to send Zane off to his first year of Pre-K, and attached the note in his lunch about his "Magic Diet." Well... it was magic for sure!!! :) Can't wait for a big pizza party together!!!
Jaime
That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you all!
Ok, so my surgery delayed my seeing this sooner but tears just have come to my eyes. I am so happy for you guys! Even though I have't been around, I just love your boys so much, you and Abe as well and I am just so thrilled and overjoyed by the video. You can tell he wasn't use to the "excess" as he licked ever bit from his fork, I just wanted to yell, use your fingers little man and eat whatever you want as fast as you want! I can't wait to see more and I'm sure you are so very proud!
I am so happy for you guys! :)
Post a Comment