Well it already has. We're right back to not knowing much about Abe's future.
Abe called the man in charge (I'll refer to him as PG from here on out) to follow up on something and turns out PG is not going to be able to get Abe into the November 11th class. It's filling up quickly with other soldiers that need the class ASAP to avoid being deployed with their current units. Makes perfect sense. PG feels pretty strongly that Abe's current unit won't be deploying for roughly 15 months so he has some time there. He seemed to think Abe might not even start his training until next summer! As it stands right now, that does not look good for Abe getting a MI unit, like he wants. PG speculates that more classes will open up in AZ which could make that a possibility for Abe, though. I guess time will tell on that one.
PG's instructions were, "if you don't hear anything within the next month, call back and talk to my replacement". Yes, that's right, PG is moving on to something else and a replacement will be taking over mid-stream with these assignments. We're hoping that's a good thing since PG is rather disorganized and a bit of a loose cannon. I guess time will tell on that one, as well.
So what this all means now is that we don't have to move quite as quickly on selling the house. And we can go ahead as planned with our Disney World trip (just booked the plane tickets as a matter of fact). Funny, we don't go until November, but I already feel like I'm on a roller coaster, hmmmmm.

7 comments:
roller coaster indeed.
i certainly wouldn't expect to hear from pg again. hope that's a good thing.
Gosh,waiting and not knowing is always so hard. Hang in there.
But that is so exciting that you get to go to Disney World. :) Have a blast!
Nicole
I hate not knowing, so I can only imagine how you guys feel, but I'm glad to hear about the house and the trip
Sorry about your news. Lets hope the new replacement can get Abe squared away. Sometimes the Army can drive you to drink! :)
I hear nothing but wonderful things about PG! Ha ha ha!!! Guess I'm glad he's on his way out.
We know PG and you are being way to polite by calling him the man in charge. I have another name for him, but I will remain polite...best of luck with everything.
PS, PG is the one that put Rob through the ringer on getting another look for W3. All I have to say is, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, PG.
It is probably for the best....that guy is a total loser, but not knowing is the worse.
Post a Comment