Let me start by saying I am still awaiting a resolution to the helicopter ride video clip I tried posting a while back. Hopefully I can get the entire thing up soon. In the meantime, let me post an update on Team Jacquot.
Brody had the unfortunate occasion to go to the Emergency Room for the first time a few weeks ago. He got his fingers shut in the door leading out to our garage. Zane was trying to keep him in the house and Brody was adamant about getting out of the house. In the end, I guess the door won. Two of his fingers had the skin torn away and his pinky was pretty deep. The doctor decided stitches weren't necessary. Fortunately, it has healed up nicely. This pic was taken the night of the incident. Something tells me this trip will be the first of many for the always adventurous Brody.

Zane was tested for and accepted into the Gifted Education Program at his school. As of right now, he is one of only three kindergartners in the program. He goes to a separate classroom for one hour on Mondays and one hour on Wednesdays. He was very excited about it after just one day of it. I'm glad that he's enjoying it and I'm SUPER proud of him.
Abe has started his fixed wing training in Alabama. In fact, he's already started flying (Phase One is in a Cessna-182). The third month of training will have him flying the King Air 200. And once he makes it to his training at Ft. Bliss he'll be flying the Dash 7 which will be his aircraft when we get to Korea. He's gonna have some long days ahead of him and lots of studying to do. But I know he's gonna rock this. I'm SUPER proud of him, too.
As for me, I've got enough work to do around the house to keep me busy until we leave for Korea. I'm trying to get things organized as much as possible before the movers come because our belongings will be split up into three categories and handled on three separate days. A) long term storage in Texas, for all the things we don't need in Korea B) household goods being shipped to Korea and C) unaccompanied baggage being sent to Korea which covers things we can't take on the plane with us but need to have in Korea sooner than the household goods. With all of this organizing comes the opportunity to sell off the things we don't need, which is my favorite part. Let me just say I LOVE Craigslist.
In other news for Team Jacquot, we traded in our Toyota Camry Hybrid for a smaller and much more affordable Honda Civic. Our decision has nothing to do with the recalls. We decided we could sacrifice on space and amenities for a little while in the name of saving money. And if all goes according to plan we'll arrive in Korea with no vehicles to our name, buy a beater (or two) to use while we're there AND come back to the states completely debt free in 3 years. I realize it's one thing to set goals, we have to stick to them. Please wish us luck.
And still in other news, I am giving up my Facebook account on Monday. I've decided that I spend way too much time there and since I can't seem to just limit my time, I have to get rid of it all together. That is good news for those of you that still check in here because it will mean I will have time to update here more regularly. I feel really bad that I've let this go for so long because this is a permanent record of our lives whereas Facebook can't really be retained, long term. And when we get to Korea, I anticipate having lots to post about. I'm really looking forward to getting back to my blog.

5 comments:
Ouch, those poor fingers!
I'll be glad to see more of you here, I feel like I'm the only one in the world without Facebook! Now we'll be the only two!
WoW, great update! You have just done what I have been set out to do for a long time and that is...get rid of FB. Tired of it and have to many other things in my life that I must focus on.
So, have you been command sponsored already? When do you expect to leave for Korea? Any hits on the house?
I really wish you all the best. Kind of jealous of you and the Lopez Four for getting the hell out of dodge before us, but extremely happy at the same time. Do you have anything going on Wed? Would you like to help me out with the camera and Clark and the Brody man can play? Let me know! Good luck with everything and I'm here if you need me, but it sounds like you have everything under control.
Love the new pictures!!! Will miss you on facebook, but being as I visit here, I hopefully will stay updated. Best of luck on everything!
I absolutely loved reading this post. You have such a way with words, Miss Beth! Oh, and don't even get me started on how good you are with pictures. ;) Glad to see everyone is doing well.
Great update!! You've almost inspired me to go blog. I think I better upload some pics first. That is awesome that Zane got accepted, and I'm sorry about Brody's little hand!
Post a Comment