Things have been busy around here and they will only be getting busier for the next two weeks. So far just about everything necessary for closing has been completed- inspection, appraisal, property survey, termite inspection, repairs (with the exception of replacing one window, we got out for under $30!!). Items not yet completed have already been scheduled- window cleaning and carpet cleaning. Oops, just remembered I need to call about yardwork that weekend before closing. So that about covers getting the new owners in. As for getting us out...
I've called to set up disconnects for cable, water, electric, alarm service, etc. We've had a pre-move survey from both the movers handling our Korea shipment as well as the movers putting our stuff in long-term storage. I've reserved a hotel room here locally for our last two nights in town. I've also reserved a hotel suite for our month-long stay in North TX before we head to Canada for 4 weeks. Speaking of Canada, I've called and requested a Visitor's Guide so we can have fun exploring the city while we're there. I've bought discounted tickets for 6-Flags (Zane earned a free one from school) and Ripley's Palace of Wax...both of which we'll do in the next several weeks. With the help of my parents and sister, I've emptied our storage unit and closed that account. I've also arranged to turn in our lease vehicle at the end of the summer. Zane has had his required TB test (he'll be getting one annually while in Korea). Air travel for the boys and I from TX to Canada has been purchased as well as Abe's ticket from DFW to Atlanta (long story, but that was on us and the Army will get him the rest of the way to Canada). I've managed to sell a few more things on Craigslist. The great "sort and divide" has begun on our possessions but has a long way to go, I'm afraid.
Somehow I've managed to keep us fed and bathed and generally happy. We've attended birthday parties, gone swimming a few times, had Field Day and other functions at school and kept up with other social committments. And amazingly enough I've been able to keep up with laundry, paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning and all the other things that go into running a house.
Geez, now that I've put this all in writing it seems unbelievable. It will feel good to laze around and play for the majority of the summer.
I can't take credit for everything, though. Abe has been plenty busy at school. He completed his final check ride yesterday. In fact, he is hitting the road for home in the next couple of hours!! And when he hasn't been busy with school work he's been on the phone trying to sort out the details of his training to come- rental cars, food per diem, travel arrangements. And if you know anything about dealing with the Army on such issues, it's been a royal pain in the arse for him. He's also got the task of getting his Old Navy truck to my brother's land for storage while we're gone and he's trying to figure out what to do with his red pick up truck. He's also been in touch with a soldier in his unit in Korea, gathering information so we know what to expect when we get there. And he's been very supportive of me from across the miles. I wouldn't have been able to accomplish what I have the last several weeks if it weren't for his daily phone calls to us.
Alright, well I'm on kid-free time at the moment so I better get back to work. Will post again when I can.

6 comments:
Man, you are like the little engine that could. With your organizational skills you'll be through in no time, I have faith! Good luck and see you soon!
Love - Nana
Go You!
Jeeeze, You've been a busy woman! Hope everything else continues to go smoothly.
um im reading bkwords and figuring yall sold the house and are moving to canada then korea?????? im not a computer person so if no one calls me to tell me i dont knw????????
what is going on.. illjsut have to call you? moving to korea??
u and abe june 12th i cant believe you actuall y remember the date yall met??
Post a Comment