Jul 23, 2010

Toronto: Day Five

Some of you may be asking "why is the Jacquot family in Toronto?". The answer is, Abe has training to do here. Why here, you ask? Because he is learning how to fly the Dash 7 now and it is made here in Toronto and this is where the simulator is located. After 4-5 weeks in the sim he will fly the real deal in El Paso for a couple of weeks before we head to Korea. The boys and I are here so we can hang out with Daddy in the evenings and on the weekends and because we had no reason not to be.

So last night we're eating at a restaurant called The Pickle Barrel. When it comes time to pay the bill, the waitress brings a wireless credit card machine to the table, swipes our card, then leaves the machine with us to close out the transaction. Never seen anything like it before.

Speaking of food. The boys and I were at the mall today and decided to have lunch at the food court. Brody and I opted for a Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. Well instead of serving a taco on the side as part of the combo they gave us this...



Yep, loaded french fries. Weird!

Thought I'd also include pics of the pet store in this mall. It was by far the fanciest pet store I've ever seen.





They wanted $1400, $1600, $1700 for some of their puppies, depending on the breed. I think I'll stick with adopting animals from the pound or shelter.

1 comment:

NesrstaFamily said...

I love that you are posting facts about Canada on your blog. It's just so darn interesting! I am also so happy to see that you are documenting your adventures. I have been glued to your blog for the past 20 minutes instead of cooking dinner, ha!

I look forward to reading more about Toronto. It looks like you guys are having a blast. Have fun and keep the good times a comin'!! Miss ya, girl! XOXOXO