Jul 21, 2010

Toronto: Day Three



The boys and I explored Casa Loma today. It is the former estate of Sir Henry Mill Pellatt. Construction began in 1911 and took 300 men nearly three years to complete and cost $3,500,000. Unfortunately he had to move out 10 years later when his investments started failing.

We really enjoyed walking around the estate and eventually made our way to the top of one of the towers. I think the boys liked the spiral staircases the best. I couldn't help but think about what an awesome haunted house it would make. Click here for the rest of our pics.

Have I mentioned that we've seen several black squirels? I caught one on camera while we were out today....



I've never seen such dark squirels, have you? They look quite evil.

What else have I learned?
  • You can't pay at the pump with an American bank/credit card.
  • Our Walmart has the token photo studio and fun zone but no hair salon. It does however, have a dry cleaners/alteration shop and travel agency.
  • Although I like the occasional Big Mac (my guilty pleasure), I think I threw up in my mouth a little today when I spied the Double Big Mac on the menu board. That's right, 4 patties.

3 comments:

jessicatodd said...

weird look squirrel!
Love all the pictures!

Shawn Wallace said...

We went to Canada 14 years ago in August, we loved the cool temperatures and I remember the black squirrels as well. I have always wanted to go back. Enjoy your time there.

Lora said...

caaaasaa lowma.

I love/hate how they say certain sounds there.

I wahnna eat paaaaastaa at caaaasa lowma. whaaaadyaa think aboot thaat, eh?