So I'm out and about yesterday when I see a sign at the gas station that says "103.7". I immediately assume that gas is roughly $1/gallon and I get all excited. Silly me. After doing some research back at the hotel I discover that that sign means 103 Canadian cents per litre and there are 3.75 litres in a US gallon. All of a sudden that gas price isn't such a good deal.
Here's some Canadian currency for ya...
The coins on the left are one dollars and the coins on the right are two dollars. They are commonly called "loonies" and "toonies", respectively. So you're looking at $20 in the picture. For the record our laundry room charges two loonies per washer and two loonies per dryer but they have this nifty soap dispenser connected to the machine so you don't have to provide your own soap. I've never seen anything like it before. I'll try to take a pic of it later.
The boys and I went to Canada's Wonderland today. I bought season passes so we can go for a few hours at a time throughout the next few weeks. It's only a ten minute drive from our hotel. The park is nice and of course doing anything outdoors is pleasant with temps only in the 70's.
You can find more pics from the day in our photo collection on the right.
What else have I learned?
Here's some Canadian currency for ya...
The coins on the left are one dollars and the coins on the right are two dollars. They are commonly called "loonies" and "toonies", respectively. So you're looking at $20 in the picture. For the record our laundry room charges two loonies per washer and two loonies per dryer but they have this nifty soap dispenser connected to the machine so you don't have to provide your own soap. I've never seen anything like it before. I'll try to take a pic of it later.
The boys and I went to Canada's Wonderland today. I bought season passes so we can go for a few hours at a time throughout the next few weeks. It's only a ten minute drive from our hotel. The park is nice and of course doing anything outdoors is pleasant with temps only in the 70's.
You can find more pics from the day in our photo collection on the right.
What else have I learned?
- ATM's in Canada don't charge any fees (so far anyway)
- Although peameal bacon is tasty, it's not something I want served on my cheeseburger. That was just weird....think thin-cut pork chop on your burger.

2 comments:
Thank you for bringing us along on your trip. I love the stories!
you must, must, must order some poutine while you're there.
(french fries and cheese and gravy)
also, watch the beer. it's expensive for a reason. the alcohol content is higher than it is in the states.
Post a Comment