Jul 19, 2010

Toronto: Day One

I've been in Canada for less than 12 hours and this is what I've learned so far...
  • driving a car with the speedometer in kilometers makes my head hurt (especially when driving on the US side of the border)
  • McDonald's doesn't have any biscuits...a number 3 is a bacon, egg and cheese McMuffin?!?!
  • I can buy Kinder surprise eggs for a buck each at Walmart (SCORE!!!)
  • speaking of Walmart, none of the grocery items look familiar and they are all printed in English and French
  • Canadians talk funny (but I already knew that, it's just been confirmed)
  • the Canadian dollar is currently worth .94 in USD
  • I can use my bank card to pay for things in Canadian amounts and it comes out of my checking account in American amounts (very cool)
  • our cell phones don't work here
  • the roads, specifically highway entrances and exits are all kinds of jacked up here and Buffalo, New York isn't much better
  • our hotel does not believe in closets

I'm sure there are more tidbits I could share already but the boys need me so that's all I've got for now.

4 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

Canadians do indeed talk funny. One of my professors was Canadian...and it was science. So he said the word process a lot. Only not like us. They say PRO-cess, like pro as in he is a pro golfer. It made me want to scream by the end of the semester. I can't wait to see pics!

Anonymous said...

Yes, but what about the weather?

Rinny said...

Kinder Eggs are the best. Bill introduced me to them in Germany. I think that makes up for....kind of...the lack of closet space. Miss y'all already!

Margaret said...

What is a Kinder egg? Sounds like fun! Looks like you all are having lots of fun. Look forward to hearing more about your trip.