
This was one of the first things we saw after arriving on the island. I found it to be very welcoming.

Just past the sign we came upon this gentleman and his drums. He invited the boys to play along with him. Of course, they jumped at the chance and had fun with it.

After strolling along for a bit we came upon the Centreville Amusement Park. It's free to enter, you just pay per ride or can buy wristbands that give you unlimited rides. This antique carousel dates back to 1908 and is one of about 30 hand carved wooden carousels in existence today.
Within the park is Far Enough Farm which is nothing more than several pens of domesticated animals. We saw sheep, donkeys, chickens, goats, pigs and horses, to name a few. Zane was fortunate enough to feed a couple of the horses.
This was an antique windmill ferris wheel ride and the sign says "circa 1893" but it didn't have any other historical information so I'm not real sure if this particular one is that old or not. We had fun on it, though.

Brody got in touch with his inner coyote. And we've seen this coyote around the hotel room several times in the past couple of days. He's also been calling the roadrunner and arranging playdates. Maybe he's been watching a little too much of our Looney Tunes discs recently.
This was just another photo op for Zane. He really enjoys using my camera. He asks to use it on every outing now.

Once we were done at the amusement park we continued walking on the island until we came to Lake Ontario. It wasn't warm enough to swim but the boys had fun playing on the beach anyways.
This was the view of downtown as we headed back to the mainland by ferry. It amazes me how many people they can cram onto one of those boats. We were one of the first ones on for the return trip so I was able to snag a spot right along the rail on the upper deck.
Brody passed out from all the excitement of the day.
Zane made a friend. Her name was Emily. Not bad for a 10 minute ride.
It's not everyday I see a Leprachaun making balloon animals on the street.
We finally make it back to our street car which takes us to the subway which takes us to our car which takes us "home".
It was a great day. Loads of fun for the entire family. Oh, I should add that we got hungry for dinner during our travels home. Abe suggested we get off the subway at a random stop we knew nothing about and it panned out nicely for us. We found a place called Diverso and it was the best meal I've had in Toronto so far. It was a yummy steak salad; NY striploin, arugula, roma tomatoes, english cucumbers, red peppers, fresh parmesan cheese and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was all so fresh and it just felt good to have some meat and veggies without anything heavy like potatoes or bread, my downfall. The staff were so warm and friendly too that I think we'll have to make sure we get back there in the next couple of weeks.










1 comment:
Man, I have really been enjoying your blog! It feels like I am right there with you. I am so glad to see you are all having such a great time exploring a new territory.
Your pictures are phenomenal, Beth! I am truly loving each and every story. Rock on, girl!!!
Post a Comment