Aug 1, 2010

Toronto: Day Fourteen

I kid you not, each and everytime I'm in the car, I hear a Nirvana song. We always have the radio tuned to the same station and really, it's a pretty decent station. But for some reason, no matter how far we're driving (and usually it's less than 30 minutes), I always hear Nirvana. Was Kurt Cobain originally from Toronto or something?

Here's a question for you city slickers...have you seen taxi's driving around with a small, yellow light in the center front and rear of their vehicles? There is a little sign next to it that says "if flashing, call 911". I think it's a great security/safety measure. I want one on my car. Do you think if everybody had one, they would be abused or ignored?

Here's another safety measure I've seen since arriving here; a large, pop-up display board with flashing arrows mounted to the top of police cars. It looks like something you'd see on a work truck. They use it to warn approaching drivers that they have someone pulled over and they need to move to the left (or right, I suppose).




Our hotel is surrounded by these signs. At first I thought they were trying to protect Asian Long-horned Beetles. But after doing some research, I'm way off base. They are actually trying to protect the trees that these beetles kill. That makes way more sense.

1 comment:

jessicatodd said...

If I remember correctly the polizi cars in Germany had the arrows on top of their cars. I might or might not have gotten pulled over a few times while over there ;)