Feb 24, 2011

Waaaaahhhhhh!

Abe's gearing up for a trip back to the mainland. He leaves in approx. 15 hours, but who's counting? He will be spending 6 weeks at Ft. Rucker for the safety course and the first week back will be spent in Denton visiting friends and family. I'm trying to keep my emotions in check but truth is I'm sad and envious and down-right feeling sorry for myself. I don't know why, it's not like we haven't spent plenty of time apart. If we can go an entire year separated, why does 7 weeks sound so daunting? I guess no matter how long (or little) we have to be apart I've come to dread the loneliness that comes with it.

So I'm going to do my best to pull the plug on this pity party. Instead, I can focus on the positives of being apart....like having the evenings all to myself. I can get away with a lot less cooking. There will be less laundry. Maybe, just maybe I can get caught up on editing photos...some from as far back as a year ago. Heck I might even pick up a book and read rather than plopping down in front of the TV.

Before I know it, April will be upon us and my baby will be back home.

Right?

4 comments:

jessicatodd said...

Hey, I'm all for April being here soon too! Just that much closer to my husband being home!!!

Seriously, I'm sorry hes leaving y'all :( It does sucks no matter the time he is gone. But heres to less laundry, less cooking, and more time to do what you wanna do by yourself! You got this!!!

Rinny said...

Absolutely! And you have a dog and two boys that will keep you occupied I am certain. And then it will July and we can get our Jacquot fix.

NesrstaFamily said...

Man, I wish you were going too! :( Let me know how it goes because Ryan will be leaving for the most of the summer and all of the fall. Boo!

Jessica, I can't wait for all those guys to get home!! May April come super fast for you. Hugs

We Four Explorers said...

After two deployments, and extra flight training, it seems like they are never home. I hate that lonely feeling too, but I try to desensitize myself...which could lead to anti-social behavior, but hey!
Hope the funk where's off soon!