Apr 3, 2011

The Latest

Sorry about the lapse between posts. I frequently find myself daydreaming about blog-worthy things to write about but seldom find, or should I say MAKE, the time to sit down and do it. Here's what we've been up to as of late:

Abe- He's finishing up his Safety Course in Alabama. He'll be back home to us in 2 weeks!!!

Beth- I'm officially substitute teaching at Zane's school (and the middle school). I worked one day last week and have been called in for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to all the things I stand to learn from the students and staff. In addition to returning to work, I've volunteered to (assistant) coach youth baseball. The season hasn't started yet but we have our coaches clinic this week so I hope to find out a lot more then. I know very little about the game and have never coached before so again, this will be a learning experience, for sure. And perhaps the most exciting thing on my plate at the moment is the prospect of getting a Photography Club up and running. It won't be anything formal. Just a means to get those interested out and about, practicing with their cameras and hopefully learning along the way.  

Zane- He's keeping busy with Cub Scouts. He is working on earning his Tiger Badge. The most exciting thing on his plate at the moment is that he has (as of today) saved/earned enough money to purchase his half of the Lego Death Star. Abe and I agreed to match his contribution. What he doesn't know is that it's already in the house. We were out most of the day and it's close to bedtime now otherwise I'd let him in on the big secret.

Brody- He's still going to a Korean Preschool. I get the feeling he is fitting in more and more but he still says he doesn't like it. Fortunately, he isn't protesting the mornings he has to go in. I suspect he likes it more than he's letting on. AND they're starting to have cooking classes there which should be right up his alley.

So that's us in a nutshell. Hopefully I'll be back again sooner than later.

4 comments:

jessicatodd said...

Glad you hubs will be home soon! I am delighted to see you getting back into photography more. I can see you in the future as a professional at it. You do great work. :) I am glad you guys are enjoying your time in Korea..but I wasn't worried that you wouldn't, you always see the best in everything! Miss you and your beautiful family!

Chris said...

Thanks for the updates! Glad you are getting to teach, and the baseball thing rocks. I can see you hauling boys to b-ball games now.
Photography club is a great idea... maybe I'll even get good enough to participate.
Miss you and love you all so much.

We Four Explorers said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on to keep you busy. I'm glad that you and the little men are doing well. Maybe you can do a photog club blog? Just a thought.
J~

NesrstaFamily said...

I'm with Janet. A photo club blog would be uh-mazing! Please, pretty please?!!!

P.S. you rock...teaching, baseball, and clubs, oh my!