Apr 13, 2006

Egg Hunt

Just got back from a flashlight Easter egg hunt at Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area. It is an annual event for kids ages 2-12. This was our first year going. Tracy and I rode up together with the kids but had to split up onto different fields because they were split according to ages. It took us about 30 minutes once we hit the line to get through the gate. But we had plenty of time before the hunt began at 8:30. Zane was pretty out of it because he didn't nap today, but it is easier to keep up with him when he is worn out. But he did participate. By the time the hunt started he wasn't interested in carrying his flashlight but there was plenty of light from the lights at the edge of the field. The older kids had darker fields. Zane picked up eggs and then immediately opened them to get to the candy inside. There were tons of people there and even though they hid over 45,000 eggs, they were gone in about 3 minutes. On our walk back to the car we heard a few different announcements regarding lost children. I imagine they have that happen every year with that kind of chaos. It sounded as if everyone was finding their match. I enjoyed it and will definitely take Zane again next year. However, the first thing Tracy said when we met up with her was "I'm never doing that again". But she had to deal with missing children including one of her own for a brief moment. So I guess we walked away from it with entirely different experiences. Zane was asleep within 5 minutes of starting out for the trip home and I managed to successfully move him from Tracy's car to my car and to his bed without him waking up. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter. We will be spending it in Wisconsin. Take care.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh-h, Beth, How very sweet of you to send this beautiful card!! I just love it!! Thank you so much. How good to be remembered and what a wonderful season this is!! Renewal ...and promise of new beginnings. You definitely have a talent and a flare for beauty, Beth!! I'll keep this card a long time and use it for my bookmarker & think of you each time I find my place. But then I think of you anyway. I'm so sorry that I may not get this to you before you and Zane leave for Wisconsin....but I hope you have a great trip!!Answering you: No!! Back's NOT worse!! In fact doing better than it was. No sugery scheduled except to get the cataracts off my eyes, which I look forward to having done, in May. Don't want to miss seeing a single thing. Nice doctor in Dallas and all is well. Just haven't got on the blog to write, but I read every one. I love the picture of you and Zane piggy back, too, in the bluebonnets. Reminds me of an old song: " You are so beautiful...to me" and that's for sure!! Joe Cocker ( did I spell his name right? Abe'll be laughing if I didn't...so that's O.K. too. May be too old a song for you to remember.)Zane is growing so fast!! So fast! I'm so proud of all three of you!! What great kids you are!! HAPPY EASTER, and take good care of yourself , Abe, we miss you. HAPPY EASTER Beth & Zane, Remember you are loved, always, all three of you. Granny

ChristyR said...

Love it when Granny posts. It reminds me of my own grandmother. I wish mine were still young enough to egg hunt in public. We still hunt at home. Sounds like a good time!

troglodytis said...

it must be wierd to be in a car riding home and the next thing you know you wake up in your bed.

who... where..what did i drink? and why am i in a little kid's bed?

i'm gonna have to move again.

Anonymous said...

Zane is definitely getting taller. These pictures are wonderful. The bluebonnets pics are also awesome. Stay strong - thoughts are with you each and everyday.

Anonymous said...

You have definitely been home long enough to update this...Zane is cute and all, but I have been looking at the same picture for over a week now...I can't remember my blogger info and it logged me out for some reason..oh well!