Apr 29, 2006

Then and Now

This is a picture of Zane and I in our backyard in Alabama. He was less than 2 months old. (he still looks huge to me) I didn't use that baby carrier as much as I thought I would, but it came in handy at times.




This is a picture of Zane and I this morning. Sorry for the quality but it was the best I could do given the circumstances. Yeah for mirrors! He likes to watch me while I cook these days, so I decided to give the baby carrier a try while I made pancakes and bacon. He stayed in it for about 15 minutes. Sometimes I just pull up a chair to the counter for him to stand on and I will say that is a lot easier on my back and shoulders. But I just thought it would be fun to try the baby carrier again, at this age and see how it worked. We have another baby carrier that would allow me to strap him to my back and I might give that a try sometime just for the heck of it.


Zane and I have just been doing stuff around the house for the past few days. We went to the library on post yesterday for storytime but Zane was more interested in spending time looking at books in the library than sitting still for storytime. Then we went to the indoor playground to burn off some energy. Last night we ate at Tia's with Tracy and the girls and then hung out at their place for a bit afterwards. After Zane went to bed I talked on the phone for about 3 hours with my good friend Stephanie from Virginia. We don't talk often, but we get caught up when we do. It was nice to hear about what's going on with them. Her husband, John, was a diver with Abe. He is done with the Army now and about to transfer into the Navy, continuing as a diver.

Today, Zane and I ran a few errands this morning. We came home and cleaned our Durango inside and out. It's nice to have that done. It is a chore I am not very fond of doing, but I like a clean vehicle and can't justify paying someone else to do it for me (at least not often).

I was just reminded of something Abe told me about recently. He said that the chow hall over there sometimes runs out of food, for example, they will have everything for a great salad but the lettuce. And they will try to fool them sometimes by putting out chopped cabbage instead. I just read an email from his commander and he mentioned that they have gotten better stocked at the chow hall now. But there was a day when they served french fries with no ketchup. And then the next day they had plenty of ketchup and no fries. He also mentioned that the guys seem happy about the selection of Baskin Robbins ice cream. Is that true, Abe?

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am hoping to tackle some scrapbooking and I still need to start on another closet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Alabama, all those big tall trees behind you..thanks for the flashback! You both have changed alot in two years you look so different with short hair and Zane well he grew ALOT!! Clean cars are great, glad you were able to get that done.
Kevin has never mentioned the chow hall running out of food...all though Kevin wouldn't try to eat a salad either..lol..that is pretty funny about the cabbage though.

ChristyR said...

Every year you will have to take a picture of you and Zane to scrapbook for changes. Cute pictures!

Shane does mention when the chow hall is not top quality and how the trucks with food can't get to them sometimes so the pickings are slim-he says.

None of my cars are clean right now. Sucks. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth - You two look so cute in both those pictures!! Im sorry you still feel fat - you look great. I've seen pictures of myself weighing just 115 lbs and remember that I thought I was fat way back then. I'd probably gained 5 lbs. If only I was even close to that size now. Will we ever be happy with what we are?

I admire your closet cleaning venture - you're such a great organizer! The pegboard looks great.

Thanks for adding that chinook article. I got tears reading what the guys said about their missions. By the way - what the heck is Texas Pete? I know Im old, but clue me in!!

xoxo- mamma chris