
I have found myself reading the local Sunday paper these past few weeks. And usually I learn something new each time. Well, yesterday I learned that Killeen has a hometown bakery that has been in business since 1929. I just love old businesses and the fact they make and sell sweet treats doesn't hurt either. So while we were out running errands today, we stopped in there to take a look around. Fortunately for us, they were open for extra "halloween" business because otherwise they are closed on Mondays. It didn't take Zane long to pick out a Frankenstein cookie. Just look at the size of that thing!! It's gi-normous. It was so big that it served as his lunch today. I know, I know, but it's okay for Moms to break the rules every now and then. He couldn't even finish the entire thing. Either that or he couldn't fathom eating Frankenstien's "hair". And my lunch you ask? A salad plate-sized cherry turnover. It was yummy!!



3 comments:
Awesome, I will have to check that place out sometime. Where was it, I didn't see an address on the website?
T, It's just a few blocks over and up from the main post office, on 4th St.
Good tidings, blessings and cheer to the " Monsters for Lunch Bunch" it's a holiday!! And a Happy Hallowee'n to the pint sized ghosts and goblins! Love you a lot, Granny
Post a Comment