Oct 2, 2006

Our days are numbered...


Well we finally made the "Daddy comes home" chain. I thought about it as soon as Abe left but knew a chain of 365 links would not be 1) fun to make and 2)easy to find a home for. Not to mention it would have been daunting. This one only has 40 links and is still a little overwhelming. But as Tracy has pointed out "my soldier will be home next month". It has a nice ring to it doesn't it? Zane helped by coloring the picture that makes the sign and holds the base of the chain. And he enjoyed watching and playing with the chain as I put it together. He can tear off one link every morning when he wakes up. And hopefully, before we know it, the chain will be no more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love Zane's drawing!