Oct 1, 2006

Our Morning Mayhem

Okay, so for the first time this morning I attempted to sleep in a little bit despite Zane already being awake. He was up by 6:30 and I just thought I would try an experiment. I got up, greeted him just like any other morning. I hooked him up with some milk and oh-so-friendly Dora the Explorer on TV. I retreated to my bedroom but I left my door open so he could come to me if he needed anything and so that I could hear him if all hell broke loose. Well he never once came in my room. Why would he when he was having so much fun with the couch cushions? I only laid in bed another 40 minutes and probably only actually slept for 10 of them. When I got up this is what I was greeted with. Really it's nothing horrible considering it is an all day battle between he and I everyday. Somehow I guess he is winning because it seems I put those cushions back on the couch no less than 5 times a day. But as you will notice in the pic he is also desperately trying to get naked. I'm not sure what that was about. Poor thing though, his PJ's had a button up top (his first time wearing that style) and he was trying to pull it over his head. As you can tell it wasn't really working for him. So I helped him out of his PJ's and he ran around in his diaper for the first part of the day.




Now like I said in the beginning, this was just an experiment. I'm not sure if and when I will try it again. It seems I would be taking my chances. And the older he gets, the more destruction I can expect, especially once he has a sibling (aka accomplice) working along side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fairly recent, I guess around the time this deployment started that I could keep sleeping while the girls are up. They are trained now, and it is nice! So you may have a while to go on this one, esp since you are adding a new baby to the mix!

Anonymous said...

Oh this reminds me of the time I tried the same experiment. Abe & I lived in a 1 bedroom apt & I slept in the living room. the kitchen was in plain site.... what did I wake up to?? Abe had found the used-grease can under the kitchen sink and dumped it on the kitchen (indoor-outdoor) carpet!! I tried to soak it up with flour and the mess just got huge!!! I laughed about it then, just like Im laughing about Zane now...check your phone bill when it comes in!!!
- Love y'all -