Nov 28, 2006

Miss me?

Thanksgiving Day in North Texas








We had a great time over the holiday. Lots of good food and fun with our families. We were introduced to a new game called Pit, courtesy of my brother, Mark. It was a lot of fun and I couldn't get enough. Beware local friends, chances are you too, will succumb to this fast-paced commodities game on our next occasion to get together and play games. I managed to do some shopping with my sister on Black Friday. But I was not one of those ambitious people out in lines as early as 4am. I suppose one year or another I will be one of those people, but I didn't see the need this year. I prefer to save my early morning of shopping for the day after Christmas. I like to stock up on half-price decorations.





Speaking of decorations, I am slowly getting the bug to begin decorating the house. I've never been one to bust out the Christmas decor as early as Thanksgiving or even in November. But a couple of my blogger friends have already posted pics of their indoor winter wonderlands, and I think it is contagious. I guess that means I will have to finish packing up the Halloween stuff and sweet talk my husband into getting down the plethora of Christmas boxes from the attic. The best part for me is unpacking something I didn't remember owning (courtesy of the aforementioned shopping trip the day after Christmas). Displaying something new and for the first time is so much sweeter knowing you paid half-price or better for it!





Unfortunately, we are not buying a Christmas tree again this year. I believe that is 3 years in a row, minimum, that that has been the case. The trade-off has been worth it, but it still puts a damper on things here, at home. We will be gone for almost 2 weeks this year and that makes it very hard to justify buying a tree. So the ornaments will stay snuggly wrapped in their tissue paper and bubble wrap. Our plan for next year, though, is to actually spend Christmas in our own home. We would like to start some traditions of our own. And so far, Zane has never woken up on Christmas morning in his own home. So we will visit family either right before or right after Christmas, instead. Sound like a plan? I think so.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWWW! Nasty gross couple flirting! Gross! Is this what we all have to look forward to now???

Gross....old people kissing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new blog, its about time! You should definitely start your own Xmas traditions...so it sounds like a good plan to me. And I am with rinny....gross!