Jan 16, 2007

A Piece of Mexico


Most people return from vacation with typical souveneirs; magnets, shot glasses, t-shirts, hats, postcards. Take Zane for example, he came home with 2 t-shirts from Cozumel. I bought a pair of silver hoop earrings. Abe on the otherhand, came home with a tattoo. It's the gift that keeps on giving....for the rest of his life!!




He checked out a tattoo shop while we were in town and went back the next day to get something small to commemorate the trip. I know what you may be thinking, but the shop was clean, used sterile needles and Abe really liked the guys' artwork. His thoughts going in there were nautical stars on the inside of his wrists. No big deal, should be under $100 and less than an hour of work. Well it didn't take Abe long to find something entirely different and just go for it. I will say he got an incredibly good deal. It took 5 1/2 hours and it only cost $120. That is extremely good in the world of tattoos. Typically you can expect to pay $100/hour. That is some bargaining power for ya. Seriously, we just think the guy didn't expect it to take so long.



Abe is pleased, I'm pleased and we will always remember Cozumel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will live vicariously through your husband and stare at this, imagining it's mine. I am not so brave nor do I think I ever will be. Glad y'all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

What else can you buy that is going to be with you for the rest of your life...not many things, nothing as cool as ink thats for sure!

New tattoos are fun, glad Abe's turned out sooo good!

Anonymous said...

I love tatoos, and this is definitely a good one. That would have run him about $600-$900 up here, in the land of coolkids!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I think I'm done with the tattoos and body piercings for now.

Maybe I'll get another when JT gets his first.