Jan 15, 2007

Staying Warm



You might be a Texan if you call those white areas on the roof "snow drifts". That's what Abe called them anyways and I said "you mean those patches of ice?"



We just enjoyed some broccoli cheese soup. I could feel it warming me up from the inside out. I'm just loving this cold weather. It would be much nicer with snow instead of rain, though. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. Just hanging around the house again today. We've been out a few times this weekend but for the most part just getting stuff done around the house and enjoying each other's company. I've been scrappin' whenever time permits. Trying to finish an album I'm giving away as a gift and the deadline is approaching rapidly. No worries, though.



I snapped this picture of our fence earlier. Just messing around with aperture, really. I recently got a new camera and I'm trying to figure it, along with photography, out. I'm expecting a helpful book in the mail soon. And if that isn't enough, I may take a continuing education course at the nearby community college as well. I haven't mentioned my new camera yet, but I actually got it shortly before Christmas and it is counting as my gift for every occasion this next year. It is well worth it though, I absolutely love it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to upgrade my camera I think. Any suggestions? I don't need anything as fancy as your new one, but middle ground would be good.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the camera! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Enjoy the time inside with your family. You may be getting a lot of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Snow drifts huh? I have seen some snow drifts in my lifetime and those certainly don't qualify!

Nice pic of the fence you have good depth of field!

Anonymous said...

There's a kid outside in the car trying to show off and pop wheelies and I expect him to be up in my front yard at any minute!! We have NO snow drifts...but a sleady glaze...After being in Iraq in 130 degrees...I imagine this looks fairly DIFFERENT to Abe!! Sounds like there is more to come this weekend. Stay warm and dry!! I need to get seed to the birds...but Granny just peeps out and doesn't go there. I may just toss seed out the back door?? Hope I don't go sliding out with the toss!! I don't "bounce" well at my age. Love to all of you, Granny