Haven't been blogging much recently, so this post might seem a little "all over the place" as I try to catch you all up on what's going on around here.
First let me draw your attention to the right side of the screen where I have some of my favorite recipes. I have added Taco Bake and Nilla Apple Crisp. Both came from a "Food and Family" publication I received in the mail. The Taco Bake was very tasty, easy and cheesy. And I made the Nilla Apple Crisp for the first time for company Saturday night (always a risk) but it was a huge success. Two thumbs up from everyone. My gal pal even went as far as to compare it to a dessert served at On the Border. Ooooh, I could go for a nice warm bowl of it now.
I went to the doctor today for a regular OB visit. All is good in that arena. He asked where I stand with pain medications during labor. I made it very clear I am NOT opposed to getting an epidural. I got one the first time and can't imagine not needing one this time around. When I got home from there I ordered a new lens for my camera. I used the gambling money that made it back home from Vegas to buy it. I've heard lots of good things about this lens and Tracy already has it and highly recommends it, as well. It should make pictures in low lighting (inside our house) come out considerably better and without using flash. I'm looking forward to playing with it.
On Sunday and Monday of this week I set up some Ebay auctions. I've had some stuff I've been meaning to sell for quite some time now and finally got around to arranging the listings. It's been a long, long time since I sold anything on Ebay. I find it very exciting though. I created 9 auctions and 5 have bids on them so far. They will all be wrapped up in 2-3 days. I probably check the progress on them 9,843 times a day!!
I've got lots to look forward to in the coming weeks. This weekend my dear, sweet friend, Katharine is throwing a baby shower for Baby Jacquot. I'm looking forward to sharing that special celebration with family and friends. In less than 2 weeks Tracy and I will begin a Basic Photography class at Central Texas College. It is offered through their continuning education department. It will be on Monday nights for 6 weeks. I really hope to learn a bunch. And even if I don't it doesn't cost much and will be money well spent just to get out of the house and do something with a friend. It runs up until less than a week of my due date so hopefully Baby Jacquot will hold on at least that long! And finally we have bought tickets to see Tool in San Antonio in March. I am very excited about it. I really like them and it will be my first time seeing them. Abe has already seen them 4 times but apparently he can't get enough! I will be about 3 weeks from my due date, so I guess there will be no moshing for me. Oh Darn!!
First let me draw your attention to the right side of the screen where I have some of my favorite recipes. I have added Taco Bake and Nilla Apple Crisp. Both came from a "Food and Family" publication I received in the mail. The Taco Bake was very tasty, easy and cheesy. And I made the Nilla Apple Crisp for the first time for company Saturday night (always a risk) but it was a huge success. Two thumbs up from everyone. My gal pal even went as far as to compare it to a dessert served at On the Border. Ooooh, I could go for a nice warm bowl of it now.
I went to the doctor today for a regular OB visit. All is good in that arena. He asked where I stand with pain medications during labor. I made it very clear I am NOT opposed to getting an epidural. I got one the first time and can't imagine not needing one this time around. When I got home from there I ordered a new lens for my camera. I used the gambling money that made it back home from Vegas to buy it. I've heard lots of good things about this lens and Tracy already has it and highly recommends it, as well. It should make pictures in low lighting (inside our house) come out considerably better and without using flash. I'm looking forward to playing with it.
On Sunday and Monday of this week I set up some Ebay auctions. I've had some stuff I've been meaning to sell for quite some time now and finally got around to arranging the listings. It's been a long, long time since I sold anything on Ebay. I find it very exciting though. I created 9 auctions and 5 have bids on them so far. They will all be wrapped up in 2-3 days. I probably check the progress on them 9,843 times a day!!
I've got lots to look forward to in the coming weeks. This weekend my dear, sweet friend, Katharine is throwing a baby shower for Baby Jacquot. I'm looking forward to sharing that special celebration with family and friends. In less than 2 weeks Tracy and I will begin a Basic Photography class at Central Texas College. It is offered through their continuning education department. It will be on Monday nights for 6 weeks. I really hope to learn a bunch. And even if I don't it doesn't cost much and will be money well spent just to get out of the house and do something with a friend. It runs up until less than a week of my due date so hopefully Baby Jacquot will hold on at least that long! And finally we have bought tickets to see Tool in San Antonio in March. I am very excited about it. I really like them and it will be my first time seeing them. Abe has already seen them 4 times but apparently he can't get enough! I will be about 3 weeks from my due date, so I guess there will be no moshing for me. Oh Darn!!
For any of you out there watching Survivor-Fiji, please be thinking good thoughts for Yau-Man. I am participating in a ScrapSurvivor game and if he wins Survivor, I win a great prize worth over $200 to be used on scrapbooking! When it came my turn to pick contestants I only had 2 choices. I was very afraid going with Yau-Man, but after watching the first episode I got a pretty good feeling about the guy. I just don't know if he will last the entire game, physically. I guess time will tell.
Alright, I've rambled on long enough. I'll let you all get back to your lives and I shall return to mine. I would say Happy Valentine's Day but is it really that much different than any other day? So I'll just say happy hump-day and I guess that may have more than one meaning today, hee hee.

3 comments:
You are silly. Happy "Hump" Day to you too, Beth-a-rino. New nick name. Trying it out.....
Maybe not. :) See you Saturday.
Nilla Apple Crisp = delicious!! I would like you to make it again soon! You are going to be very happy with your new lens, I think there is a bit of a learning curve when it's wide open but it is a wonderful lens..I can't wait till I can buy the 85mm! Shh don't tell Kevin ;)
I vote for epidurals, good luck with Ebay (wish me some too), can't wait for the photography class to start, and well I will be at your baby shower but I am not doing anything corny! Just Kidding..it will be fun!
Oh and while I want you to win the Survivor thing, I don't think Yau Man will be the one I am pulling for. sorry!
You have to blog about your TOOL experience after the show. I had to get tickets to the OKC show, as they haven't yet announced a DFW show and I don't want to miss them.
Post a Comment