Jun 7, 2007

Keepin' Busy



It would appear that summer is upon us. We have been busy and will continue to be until sometime in July, for sure. Last Friday, Abe's battalion had a Family Day at BLORA and I must say I was quite impressed with the event. They had lots of things for the kids to do and the food, catered from a Mom and Pop barbecue joint, was absolutely delicious. It was very well organized and it was nice to get out and see some familiar faces from Abe's unit. Zane spent most of the time playing with his little buddy, Gabe. Gabe's dad is a pilot with Abe.







On Saturday, we had the pleasure of seeing a movie together, just Abe and I. We saw Knocked Up. Aside from being a little on the long side for a comedy, I enjoyed it. We came home long enough to feed Brody then the two of us went for pedicures. That was very relaxing and is starting to be something I really like to do for myself every six weeks or so. Then we came home to pick up the boys and Naomi before having some great Mexican food from one of our local "hole in the wall" Taqueria's. I don't know how we will repay Naomi. She insisted that she come hang out with the boys all day so that we could have that time to ourselves. You rock, Naomi!!




Sunday, we left for Lake Murray State Park in Oklahoma. We spent 3 nights there, hanging out with Abe's Dad, Step-Mom and her family. This has become an annual event for them where they rent 2 cabins every June and all meet there for good food, fun and quality family time. This was our 3rd year going, but Abe missed out last year. We had a great time once again and are thankful they keep asking us back. It may take a few days, but I will be putting together a new photo album of pictures from our trip. This shot was taken inside our cabin.








We have a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks. Number one on my list is a trip to Wisconsin for the 4th of July. I love hanging out with my aunts, uncles and cousins and couldn't possibly spend too much time in Wisconsin. This year we are flying and Abe's Mom is coming with us. I'm so excited about all of it.



Without rehashing everything that happened last month, let me just say I am SO glad that May is over. I'm ready to put it all behind us and move on with the future, whatever it may bring. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer whether it is a change of pace or not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like summer is in full swing for ya'll. I love that photo of Zane and Gabe, Zane is making the best face! I'm glad May is over for you guys too, I hope things go more smoothly from here on out!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you guys got the chance to get out of town and relax. The pictures of the boys came out so nice; a friend from the D.C. area wants first dibs on Gabe's hand in marriage for her daughter! (I sent a closeup of him to friends and family)
If you want, I'm sure I can get Zane married off too. ha ha
You (and Tracy) have some real talent.
Take care and see you soon,
Janet
(Gabe's Mom)

Anonymous said...

here's my comment on that picture of Brody in the bath... would'nt you just love to land some kisses on that fat little face??? I love the way babies get fat - all those rolls! Im really looking forward to that trip to Wisconsin... love to all - Mom

Anonymous said...

i know one thing you didn't do last night..haha.