Jul 18, 2007

Update # 12

As I mentioned before Zane has been having myoclonic seizures since starting on the Trileptal. Last Thursday he had 5 and prior to that he had only been having 1-2 a day. I spoke to the doctor on Friday and he had us increase his nighttime dose by 1 ml. We didn't notice any seizures over the weekend but that's not to say he didn't have any. They are very quick and easy to miss. But on Monday he had 2 and yesterday he had a whopping 8. So I spoke to the doctor again this morning and he suggested we bring Zane into the hospital where he would be admitted for a 24 hour EEG. He said sometimes the Trileptal can bring out myoclonic seizures while controlling other types of seizures. They are hoping info from this EEG will help them in deciding which medication to try next.




So we scrambled to get a few things together before leaving the house. We reached the doctor's office (which is at the hospital) by 10am and Zane was in his room and hooked up to the EEG by 1pm. The hospital is really nice. They have a really cool playroom in the children's unit which Zane was able to take advantage of before he was hooked up to the machine. Now he is confined to his room but they are letting him borrow toys to play with. He has a TV and DVD player in his room. There is an extra bed for Abe to sleep on tonight. Brody and I came home this evening and will return first thing in the morning. Zane has been such a trooper today. We sprung this on him at the last minute and I know how difficult it is for him to lay in bed for 24 hours. He has asked to go home but doesn't keep pushing when we tell him he has to stay overnight. He has had numerous nurses and doctors coming in to examine him all day long and he just takes it in stride. When they take his blood pressure on one arm he asks them to do it on the other, as well. I am so proud of him. I can't wait to get this entire ordeal behind us. Here are a few pictures of our day.








2 comments:

Rinny said...

He is such a trooper! And I can't imagine, scary though I am sure it can be, that there aren't some fun storylines that could be made to make it fun. Bionic boy, etc. Your family is so wonderful and so tight knit.....with the black cloud and all.....there is no doubt that the Jacquots will prevail!

Anonymous said...

Well...I have no clout with TIME magazine but if I did, Zane's picture would be on the cover for " Man of the Week". Where most brave men falter, a little 3 yr old boy sets the example of " how it is done". Adversity comes in life but so do answers follow it and lead us to victory over challanges. YEAH, ZANE!! If I had my way for the cover of TIME magazine our Zane--head swathed in bandages with a lower title to read: 'MEET MR. COOL". At first glimpse my eyes misted over then the intent, steady gaze of Zane's bright blue eyes made me smile. I'm sorry this happened, but SO PROUD of him!! He's very special. God gave us such a special blessing in giving us Zane in our lives. I'm believing that helpful answers for him will come soon. Prayers...multiple ones... are there and all my love and admiration for each of you. God bless. Love Granny