Sep 10, 2007

Not out of the woods yet...

I just wanted to give a quick update on Zane. Last Thursday he came home from school really tired and had one seizure while at the dinner table. Nothing on Friday. Saturday morning he woke up really tired and had about 5 seizures. We had him lay down after lunch and he fell asleep rather quickly. After his nap he was in much better spirits and didn't have any seizures the rest of the day. Sunday, no seizures. Today he woke up on his own for school and had a good morning. When I went to pick him up from school the teacher said he had just had one. It was actually the fourth and all had happened in the last 45 minutes of school. She said he was really tired. He didn't hurt himself. She was kind enough to carry him to our car while I pushed Brody in the stroller. We are so lucky Zane got an awesome, patient and caring teacher his first year in school. Zane was out of it for a bit after we got home but eventually perked up quite a bit. All together this afternoon/evening he had 7 seizures. So we are still having good days and bad days, but our bad days are not as bad as some of the days we had before the diet. We are still crossing our fingers that the diet will work for Zane. I'm not giving up yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's still really early in the game...no reason to give up or lose hope!! There has been obvious improvement and I hope there will be more until he is seizure free :) !
Hang in there girl, you guys are doing great.

Rinny said...

I agree with Tracy. No reason at all to give up, or to even get discouraged. I am completely in awe of your scale though. We bought a new one tonight, but not near as fancy as y'all's.
Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Beth - will continue to pray that the diet will be the key to Zane's future and he will overcome the seizures as time progresses. We have to believe that this is the best solution for your precious little guy. Yes, it is wonderful he has such a caring teacher. So many good people in this world we live in. mb from tc

Anonymous said...

May LOVE always light Zane's path. The love and wisdom of his Mom & Dad and his own courage gained from knowing he is loved. And the teacher....this is what real teachers are all about...but few go the second mile, as this one has!! God bless her. And thank God for people like her. I've always said, " Whenever I need Angels...God always sends one" and thus it is with Zane. Time....maybe more time will make a big difference with the diet. I'm clinging to that. And again Love that you show so willingly and that others offer along the way. Thank you for your precious time in keeping us updated. My prayers and love are there with you. --Granny