Sep 20, 2007

Our Luck Ran Out

Zane did have a few good days (seizure free) but last night he had 2 drop seizures shortly before bed. They both happened in the bathroom while Zane was standing on his step stool. The first one was while he was brushing his teeth and although he fell all the way to the floor, I don't think he hurt himself. The second one was about 15 minutes later while washing his hands and he fell backwards into a wall and hurt his head a little bit. He woke up very tired and cranky this morning which had me a little concerned about his day. But when I picked him up from school the teacher said he did great, no seizures and that he wasn't tired and didn't take a nap. He was in a pretty good mood for a bit after we got home. The rest of his evening was a roller coaster of emotions though. He also had 2 seizures tonight, but didn't hurt himself at all. It also might be important to note that on Tuesday Zane fell at school and hit his mouth on a wooden shelf. It didn't leave too bad of a mark and they didn't call us to pick him up or anything. The teacher said there weren't any other kids around him so she thinks he just tripped on his own. She didn't seem to think it was a seizure. Perhaps it was?



We gave him smoked sausage last night for dinner. That is the first time he has had processed foods in quite a while. Perhaps they contributed to the seizures? We can't be certain. And that wouldn't explain the possible seizure on Tuesday. I believe we will probably let him go a solid 3 or 4 weeks completely seizure free before we give him anything processed again. It may be unrelated but we don't want to take that chance right now.



Aside from several potty incidents yesterday (both at home and school) everything else seems to be pretty normal around here. Zane seems to be adjusting to school more and more. Brody is sleeping better at nights. I've started letting him go back to sleep on his own rather than feeding him during the night. Abe is flying tonight, so we got to spend most of the day together. I know our lives are becoming less chaotic because I was able to read the Sunday paper on Sunday for the last 2 weeks in a row!! The weeks prior to that I was lucky to have it read by Thursday. And we only get that one issue per week. Now if you will excuse me I have a chick flick calling my name. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Just dropped in for a minute. Sorry to hear about the continued seizures, I think about you guys all the time and always hope Zane is doing well. We are working on that "going back to sleep at night" thing with D too. Sure would be nice to get a solid 8, heck even 6 or 4 or 3 hours of sleep at night!