Nov 29, 2007

Aunt Jemima Is Dead To Me

Never again will I buy pancake mix. Not after watching an episode of Good Eats on Food Network all about pancakes. The chef, Alton Brown, is my cooking idol. We've already tried out his recipe for pancakes and they are to die for, IMHO. They are made with buttermilk and remind me of my mother's buttermilk waffles. Those were always a treat growing up and now I can have them in pancake form any day of the week. These pancakes are not that difficult to make and did I mention they are to die for? The best part is you can make up the dry mix in one large batch and use it over time just like you would an instant mix from the store. The batch I made the other day yielded 4 servings according to the recipe but we got at least 6 plate-sized pancakes from it. I had the last pancake for dinner tonight and it was...to die for. You will definitely be hearing about these pancakes again. The next time I make them (and it will be soon) I will take pictures and add the recipe complete with pics to my list of "what I eat".

4 comments:

We Four Explorers said...

We love Alton Brown too; have a couple of his books and love them! I wonder what your batter would be like for making fried oreos? hmmmmmm

Tracy Morris said...

Feel free to invite me for breakfast and make them for me ;)

troglodytis said...

i like pancakes, but alton brown MUST DIE!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jemima makes pancakes? What about her syrup? OR is that a different Aunt? lol