Absolutely nothing! Okay let me warn you now, this will surely be one of those posts where you think I have gone off my rocker, checked into the looney farm, lost my marbles...you know one of those posts where you wonder why the hell you bothered wasting your time looking. I mean really, why do you keep coming back?
Off and on for a very long time now I've found myself pondering food. It really bothers me that we have to have it. Here's what I don't like about it:
- it takes time to plan a meal
- it takes time to prepare a meal
- it takes time to eat a meal
- if you are eating at home you have to clean up afterwards
- if you are eating at a restaurant you have to pay for the meal
- grocery shopping is a huge burden both in the way of time and money
- it takes time to go to the bathroom
- and if you eat something that doesn't agree with your body, you will likely pay the price
- and in a lot of ways your quality of life or even length of life is determined by the food you eat
The way I see it, food is very annoying. No wonder life feels short with all this time wasted on food. Now how the hell is it possible to feel this way and enjoy cooking?

3 comments:
I totally agree. I love to cook, mostly.
BUT, I live on packaged nutrition and vitamins. Did somebody say PowerBar? I have to go.
breathe
drink
eat
excrete waste
have sex
if there are any 'supposed to's in life, those are them. what you make of the rest of it is up to you and yours.
hahahaha You are too funny. You sure didn't seem to mind "eating" tonight though...what's up with that?
I enjoy the planning. Obviously I like all forms of planning and nearly every minute of my day has a plan to go with it, otherwise I get a migraine and feel like I am losing control, have dreams about driving off cliffs, bedposts falling in holes, etc. A little extreme? Well, yeah, but I think maybe I am a little extreme! hahaha
Wonderful seeing you tonight!
Post a Comment