that whirlwind trip to Corpus Christie I mentioned a while back? That was Abe's second somewhat-spur-of-the-moment pursuit of an Old Navy pickup truck. You see, AFTER he had loaded up the first truck in Lubbock, the manager nonchalantly mentioned that the Corpus store still had their truck. Well that would have been nice to know before he made the trek to Lubbock because Corpus is closer. And come to find out the Corpus truck was in better shape AND they didn't have to remove two sets of doors to get it out of the store. Thanks, Lubbock manager, thanks a lot.
So Abe brought the second truck home one week after the first. He decided to put together one truck out of the best pieces between the two to keep for himself and sell the other. As nice as it would be for him to fix up both trucks for each of the boys, it's a) unrealistic for time's sake and b) not like we have the means for storing and moving 4 vehicles.
We did manage to get the keeper in our garage and it is right up against one wall, so I can still park my car in the garage as well. That was the only thing I cared about when this whole mess started. I did not want to give up my parking space. If that makes me selfish, so be it. The other truck is in the street and even managed to stay there despite all the storms we had last week which is pretty amazing considering it doesn't have brakes.
Abe has been working on typing up a description and I took pictures of it a couple weeks ago. This evening I managed to get the listing done, so the truck is officially "for sale". Of course we wouldn't mind making a little profit but honestly if he can get back what it cost him to get the two "free" trucks then we will be happy.
Click here to see the listing on Ebay.

2 comments:
That is pretty dang cool. Now, I am not so confused as to why there were two trucks!! LOL!
It looks like it's already going really well and with 6 days left! So I'm guessing that it cost him less than 1000 to get the 2? I can't wait to hear the profit differential. Good luck guys!
Post a Comment