Aug 12, 2008

The Haps

As Jenn would say, I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging. For this I apologize. Unfortunately, I don't see things slowing down much until school starts. Maybe then I will be able to squeeze in a little "me" time during the day. As it is right now I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning until my head hits the pillow at night. I'm actually finding it difficult to focus on this post because I'm thinking of all the other things I ought to be doing right now. Let me try to update you all real quick with some bullets...

  • Abe is doing well. We talk to him nearly everyday and web cam as much as possible. The boys enjoy giving him kisses across the cyber miles.
  • Both Abe's grandmother's were battling cancer when he deployed. They have sadly, both lost the fight. His Mom's Mom passed away on July 6th. She had bone cancer and was in a LOT of pain. His Dad's Mom had bladder cancer and passed away last Thursday. Her struggle was very brief, having only been diagnosed late May/early June. I still can't believe how quickly it took her from us. They were both very special ladies and will be greatly missed. My heart goes out to both of his parents.
  • Our cat, Buddy, has been diagnosed with diabetes. He is approximately 12 years old. We decided not to treat him with insulin injections (would require 2 shots a day). The cost and the committment are just more than we can handle right now. I know that may sound harsh to some but it is the reality of the situation for us.
  • The boys are doing great. Brody is quite a character and amazes me everyday with what he is capable of understanding. Zane is as sweet as can be. Earlier today he was offering me his favorite toys. I said we could just keep them in his room and he started to tear up. I asked him why he was getting sad. He said because then I wouldn't have anything and I'm the best Mommy in the whole wide world. I asked him why he felt that way and he said because when I leave him he misses me very much and that means I'm the "bestest Mommy in the world". I reassured him that I didn't need his toys and that seeing my boys happy was my reward.
  • Aside from getting a speeding ticket in Hillsboro yesterday (it's been 14 years since my last one, so I guess that's not too bad), I'm doing great. I've got tons of things on my "to do" list but I try not to let those things weigh me down. I've got many things to look forward to and a list a mile long of things to be grateful for, so life is good.



I hope those of you that continue to check in on us are doing well. If we haven't spoken in a while, don't be a stranger. Drop me a line.

6 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

I hear ya about hitting the ground running....does it ever stop?!?!
I'm sorry to hear about Abe's grandma's, that's tough!

We'll see how you feel about "returning the favor" after your nes addition, you might be just as proud as I am!!!!

Lora said...

I'm sorry about Abe's grandmas.

And of course I'm still checking in!

Rinny said...

Your boys couldn't be sweeter if they tried. We too were sorry about Abe's Grandmas. And don't worry. We will be dropping lines, etc. Still need to get together for lunch/dinner.

Christie Groth said...

Well, I thought it was just me. I seriously think we all have so much more going on this depl than last time... What happened to all that time we were able to go to the gym and exercise?? Shopping and dining out time??? What has happened to us? hahaha Hopefully it will slow down soon...sssslllloooooowwwwww down!
I'm sorry to hear about Abe's grandmothers. I hope you are all at peace about the situation. It's just hard to deal with...I know...
BTW, I am a stalker so I will continue to check in. lol

Planet Dixon said...

Awww, that is precious about Zane. What a little angel. I am so sorry to hear about Abe's grandma's and Buddy. I hope everything gets a little easier on you soon! :)

Andrea said...

I'm sorry about the loss of Abe's gradmothers. And your kitty too. It is always hard when our pets get older, one of those things you wish wouldn't happen.